Logon taking forever 20 minutes plus.

Post by Daniel Silverma » Sat, 04 Nov 2000 05:00:33

We are running a Windows 2000 "PDC" with active directory. It was an upgrade
from a 4.0 PDC. The rest of our systems our 4.0 BDCs, and a mixed
workstation environment. Our users in our remote office with a 4.0 BDC are
taking 20 minutes to logon to our domain. any ideas. Things have slowed a
bit in our HQ as well. Any help would be useful.

Logon taking forever 20 minutes plus.

Post by Joakim Hellstr? » Sat, 04 Nov 2000 05:36:53

Check the Event-log for any strang errors regarding to network.

--
/Joakim

Quote:> We are running a Windows 2000 "PDC" with active directory. It was an
upgrade
> from a 4.0 PDC. The rest of our systems our 4.0 BDCs, and a mixed
> workstation environment. Our users in our remote office with a 4.0 BDC are
> taking 20 minutes to logon to our domain. any ideas. Things have slowed a
> bit in our HQ as well. Any help would be useful.

Logon taking forever 20 minutes plus.

Post by robmpe.. » Sat, 04 Nov 2000 07:59:49

I had the same proble but just trying to hook up 2 computers.
Logon locates personal settings fro 10 minutes
      applies personal settings for 10 minutes
it this sounds the same it could be a dns problem
check it out!

Quote:

> We are running a Windows 2000 "PDC" with active directory. It was an
upgrade
> from a 4.0 PDC. The rest of our systems our 4.0 BDCs, and a mixed
> workstation environment. Our users in our remote office with a 4.0
BDC are
> taking 20 minutes to logon to our domain. any ideas. Things have
slowed a
> bit in our HQ as well. Any help would be useful.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Logon taking forever 20 minutes plus.

Post by Geoffrey W Homa » Sat, 04 Nov 2000 10:14:33

the problem is to do with your DNS setup

makesure DNS is setup correctly and ensure you specify on the PDC in the
networkcard prperties the DNS server address ie 127.0.0.0 (you do this by
specifying the actual ip of the name server)

hope this helps - I have had the same problem  - and once i sorted DNS - now
worries - on the DC you must had AD installed and configured correctly -
good luck

geoff