A Remote Access Client attempted to connect over a port that was reserved for Routers only.

A Remote Access Client attempted to connect over a port that was reserved for Routers only.

Post by David Gabriels » Thu, 15 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Dialup connection refuse for the and results in a the above system log
message.

Dialup is Win95 DUN 1.3 dialed into ISP.
Server (Windows 2000 Server)is connected directly to ISP Network with
Fixed TCP/IP Address.

All was working fine on NT 4.0 Server running RRAS.  I "upgraded" to
Windows 2000 Server and now get the following.

The user xxxxx, attempting to connect on VPN4-4, was disconnected
because of the following  reason: A Remote Access Client attempted to
connect over a port that was reserved for Routers only.

Any help would be appreciated

Regards,

DavidG

A Remote Access Client attempted to connect over a port that was reserved for Routers only.

Post by John Lyristi » Fri, 16 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Open RRAS, right click on Ports -> Properties ->Wan
Miniport(PPTP) ->configure -> put a checkmark in remote access connections
(inbound only)
Make sure that the IP address of your server is in the "Phone number for
this device" field.

John

Quote:> Dialup connection refuse for the and results in a the above system log
> message.

> Dialup is Win95 DUN 1.3 dialed into ISP.
> Server (Windows 2000 Server)is connected directly to ISP Network with
> Fixed TCP/IP Address.

> All was working fine on NT 4.0 Server running RRAS.  I "upgraded" to
> Windows 2000 Server and now get the following.

> The user xxxxx, attempting to connect on VPN4-4, was disconnected
> because of the following  reason: A Remote Access Client attempted to
> connect over a port that was reserved for Routers only.

> Any help would be appreciated

> Regards,

> DavidG

1. VPN access error message: the port was reserved for routers only (Event ID 20188)

Hi,

Does anyone know what's causing this error message when I initiate a
connection to the Windows 2000 RRAS?  As far as I know, I didn't reserve any
ports for routers.
Thanks,

NA

Source: Remote Access
Event ID: 20188

The user BartSimpson, attempting to connect on VPN2-4, was disconnected
because of the following reason: A Remote Access Client attempted to connect
over a port that was reserved for Routers only.

2. StarOffice install over and over?

3. Problem: VPN reports port reserved for Router?

4. Dualstor Autoclck:Who Undrstnds It?

5. Error 913 : port reserved for Routers ???

6. CWordArray array address

7. Error 913: User attemped to connect over reserved port

8. 10th International TI-treffen

9. Internel clients cannot surf anymore when a remote client connect via PPTP

10. W2K Reboots when a client attempts to connect

11. Remote Access clients cannot access the internet

12. DSL/Cable router advise needed for remote-worker connecting to W2k L2TP-VPN server

13. Clients attempting to access windows 2000 shares get prompted for a password?