Uninstall Windows 2000 Server

Post by ethos7 » Sat, 27 Oct 2001 09:20:41

I have Windows 2000 Server and Windows 98 on my system. I never us 2k. How
can I remove this from my system? If this involves using DOS, please
explain. Thanks in advance.

                -ethos

Uninstall Windows 2000 Server

Post by Dave Patric » Sat, 27 Oct 2001 10:17:45

Boot the Win98 startup disk and from a command prompt
sys C:
this will rewrite the Win98 boot sector. Then you can delete these files boot.ini, ntldr,
ntdetect.com, bootsect.dos, pagefile.sys and possibly ntbootdd.sys from the root of the System
partition C:\. Then you can delete the \winnt directory from the Windows 2000 boot partition.

--
Regards,