problems with BSD stop message after reassigning drive letters

problems with BSD stop message after reassigning drive letters

Post by Nic » Sat, 04 Aug 2001 19:35:01

I changed 2 drive letters using Partition Magic 6 after re-
partitioning my disk. When the PC went to reboot it falls
to the following blue screen; STOP: c000021a {Fatal System
Error} The Session Manager Initialization system process
terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xC0000005
(0x00000000 0x00000000). The system has shutdown.

None of my utils etc help. Any ideas PLEASE!

Nic

problems with BSD stop message after reassigning drive letters

Post by Gary Do » Sat, 04 Aug 2001 21:23:15

What drive letters did you change?  If you change the system drive letter,
you wind up with big problems.  If you changed a drive that has applications
on it, especially anything that runs as a service, you may have problems
because the system cannot find the executable for a program it is trying to
start.

Gary

Quote:> I changed 2 drive letters using Partition Magic 6 after re-