Deleted files don't appear in recycle bin

Deleted files don't appear in recycle bin

Post by Noel Frye » Thu, 11 Jul 2002 00:31:53

Deleted files have stopped appearing in the recycle bin.
Although the icon shows the bin full, no files appear
there when I open it.   This has only just begun to happen
and the only thing I have done to change the machine is to
install software in the D (virtual) drive for the first
time.

I have checked permissions, options etc. which seem to be
unchanged.   Any ideas?

Deleted files don't appear in recycle bin

Post by Roy Soltof » Thu, 11 Jul 2002 04:00:36

You might see if the issues discussed in MSKB Q168570 pertain to you.

Quote:> Deleted files have stopped appearing in the recycle bin.
> Although the icon shows the bin full, no files appear
> there when I open it.   This has only just begun to happen
> and the only thing I have done to change the machine is to
> install software in the D (virtual) drive for the first
> time.

> I have checked permissions, options etc. which seem to be
> unchanged.   Any ideas?

Deleted files don't appear in recycle bin

Post by Noel Frye » Thu, 11 Jul 2002 04:19:31

No, I'd already seen that.

I have now determined that the recycle bin is only showing
files deleted from the D drive not the C.