cd player won't download track titles anymore

cd player won't download track titles anymore

Post by Valerie Downe » Thu, 28 Sep 2000 04:00:00

this worked for a while in Win2K pro, but suddenly I get the message that it
can't connect to the providers. My internet connection is just fine. What's
up with this?

thx,
Valerie

cd player won't download track titles anymore

Post by ghord » Fri, 29 Sep 2000 04:00:00

On Wed, 27 Sep 2000 10:04:21 -0400, "Valerie Downes"

>this worked for a while in Win2K pro, but suddenly I get the message that it
>can't connect to the providers. My internet connection is just fine. What's
>up with this?

Try changing the database server that it connects to in the options
menu. One of the servers might be down.
--
rgds,
 ghordy

1. Earth-shaking Prob: CD player won't dl track names anymore

The first time I ran the CD player that comes with Win2K it went out and
got all of the track names from somewhere. I think this is the most
significant new feature of the whole OS! In the old days, I had to
laboriously hand enter all of the tracks each time I had to gut NT and
reformat, about every three months. Now my OS can blow up all it wants
to as long as I can get those tracks reentered so easily.

The only problem is... it only worked once. Ever since then it tells me
that it cannot connect to any "album information providers"... my
connection to the net is just fine... what else could it be.

Is this some sort of hint that I need to upgrade to the next version of
Windows, 2001 or whatever?

Thanks

--
Michael Simcich
AccessTools

2. <?> Symbols Appear at Random

3. W2k cd player and automatic downloading of track titles

4. netmeeting please

5. CD Player title downloads

6. root missing (on a hard-drive)!!

7. CD Player can not download track information

8. transition links exist in 10.10?

9. CD Player Won't Download

10. cd's won't auto start anymore

11. Won't promte before downloading anymore!!!!

12. Print CD Titles and Tracks

13. windows media player standard music CD's won't play