APC Back UPS-Pro 350 (USB) under Win2k ...

APC Back UPS-Pro 350 (USB) under Win2k ...

Post by Sean McGrat » Fri, 24 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Anyone have this APC UPS system, the UPS-Pro 350?

Works great except Win2k won't recognize it immediately.  I always have to
remove the USB cable, then plug it back in for Win2k to recognize it and
automatically load the UPS power software (built into Win2k - nice!)

Any ideas on this?

APC Back UPS-Pro 350 (USB) under Win2k ...

Post by Greg Campbel » Fri, 24 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Don't have one but try this. After you plug the USB cable back in so it shows up delete it from the USB devices in Device Manager.
Then uninstall the software if there is any. Reboot leaving the USB unplugged and reinstall the software. Powerdown and then plug
the USB cable back in. When you boot it will hopefully work. Of course you must always leave the APC UPS system plugged in or
turnned on since it uses a USB device. leaving it turned off will create detection problems.

--
Greg Campbell

> Anyone have this APC UPS system, the UPS-Pro 350?

> Works great except Win2k won't recognize it immediately.  I always have to
> remove the USB cable, then plug it back in for Win2k to recognize it and
> automatically load the UPS power software (built into Win2k - nice!)

> Any ideas on this?

APC Back UPS-Pro 350 (USB) under Win2k ...

Post by Thomas W Nille » Sat, 25 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I've got the next size up, the 500 (USB).  There is no software to install
or reinstall.  Have to wait until UPC puts out some software for its USb
devices for Win2k.  In the meantime it's just a minor nuisance, unplug it
and then plug it back in.

APC Back UPS-Pro 350 (USB) under Win2k ...

Post by Sean McGrat » Wed, 29 Mar 2000 04:00:00

It is a minor nuisance ... you're right.

But if I forget to do that after I reboot, and I leave and then there's a
power outage ....

Quote:> I've got the next size up, the 500 (USB).  There is no software to install
> or reinstall.  Have to wait until UPC puts out some software for its USb
> devices for Win2k.  In the meantime it's just a minor nuisance, unplug it
> and then plug it back in.

1. APC Back-UPS Pro 350 problems with USB / Win2k

I bought the APC Back-UPS Pro 350, Win2k immediately recognized it and setup
it's power management control panel for it.  AWESOME!

Trouble is, everytime I reboot, Win2k doesn't remember to load it in.  I
have to either manual refresh the device list or unplug the USB cable and
plug it back in for WIn2k to load the device in the Device manager (and thus
the software).

Any idea why this is doing this?

--
____
Sean McGrath, RN, BSN, CCRN

My ICQ # is 7466420.
.....Nurses heal the world......

2. Help: 800 Numbers Won't Work From New Home

3. Problem APC USB Back-UPS CS 500VA with Windows 200

4. work order management/cable recordkeeping software

5. APC Back-Ups 500va

6. WTB old Cray in Europe

7. APC Back-UPS help

8. Problems with OpalVision and GVP G-force

9. Problem with APC USB Backup-UPS CS 500VA with Windows 2000

10. APC - UPS - USB - Soyo

11. APC Backup-Pro UPS 500

12. WIN2K and SE440BX-2 with PII-350

13. PEAP on Win2k w/ Aironet 350 card