Using domain ID to logon to terminal server

Using domain ID to logon to terminal server

Post by Roy Settl » Sat, 08 Feb 2003 03:24:50

Is it possible to setup a W2K terminal server to log
users on to a terminal server with their domain account
without them having to retype the user ID and password
again at the terminal server logon screen?

Using domain ID to logon to terminal server

Post by Peter Bergler [MS » Sat, 08 Feb 2003 07:44:26

Not by extracting it.  You can save the credentials in the TS client.

Please contact me through the newsgroups - then everyone benefits, and you
get all the expert opinions

Quote:> Is it possible to setup a W2K terminal server to log
> users on to a terminal server with their domain account
> without them having to retype the user ID and password
> again at the terminal server logon screen?

1. Automatic logon to the terminal Server using TSAC

Hello,

I am Using TSAC for connecting to a Windows 2000 Terminal
Server(All clients are also Windows 2000). I have
inserted the activex Control on a dialog box and member
variable (m_remoteScreen) is created
using ClassWizard. Since IMsTscNonScriptable is not
exposed i used below
code for setting the password. But Even after setting the
password the user
name and password is prompted. I have set the terminal
server for not asking
for user name and password using Terminal Server
configuration.

Please see the below code. Is this Code OK or should i do
some thing else?

void OnConnect()
{
HRESULT hRes = CoInitialize(NULL);
m_remoteScreen.SetServer("189.54.1.57");
IMsTscNonScriptable* ppi=0;
LPOLESTR x = L"{1fb464c8-09bb-4017-a2f5-eb742f04392f}";
CLSID y;
hRes = CLSIDFromString(x,&y);
LPOLESTR u = L"{c1e6743a-41c1-4a74-832a-0dd06c1c7a0e}";
IID z;
hRes = IIDFromString(u,&z);
hRes = CoCreateInstance(y,NULL,CLSCTX_SERVER,z,(void**)
&ppi);
if(FAILED(hRes))
{
        AfxMessageBox("Failed CoCreate");
        return;
m_remoteScreen.SetUserName("Administrator");
hRes = ppi->put_ClearTextPassword(CComBSTR("nasar"));
m_remoteScreen.Connect();
Best Regards,
nasar

2. No Microsoft app needed to read court's finding

3. Problems using a win2k Terminal server to connect to a SBS2000 domain

4. Product to network ST's

5. Need Help Urgent!: Cannot logon to Windows 2000 Server by using Domain User

6. $fields in LotusScript

7. Logon to a remote server/domain using Dial-Up (RAS)

8. Remote Access

9. Using Terminals with 2K Terminal Server

10. logon-process when multiple domain controllers are used in 1 domain

11. Multiple Logons; ADLS using PPoE; One logon uses VPN, the other doesn't

12. How can I logon using another user ID

13. Using Windows logon id and password in applications