long user logon time to windows 2K server from XP pro

long user logon time to windows 2K server from XP pro

Post by Joe V » Wed, 30 Oct 2002 01:06:56

After creating a domain user on Window 2000 server and
loging in from a client computer running Windows XP pro,
it takes a few minutes sometimes a much as 5-8 minutes to
fully login onto the domain. Most of the time is spent on
applying user settings. I have other client computers
running Windows 2000 pro that login instantaneously to the
domain.

What can be done to speed up the login time?

Thanks!

1. Windows 2k pro takes a long time to start

Hello friends!

I hope someone could help me with this problem:

Ive updated a machine running w98 to w2k pro, but now
this machine its taking a long time to start (about 7
minutes). It stops in the "starting network.." screen
during the most of time.

When you unplug the network, the boot is normal, what make
me think might be someone with the authentication.

We got a machine running 2k server, where all machines
authenticates.

My question is: Is there any kind of setup that I should
do to solve this problem?

Thank you very much!

Regards

Luciano

2. PD/SW/logic design tutors

3. Windows XP takes long time to login to WIN2000 Server

4. cisco routers low price!

5. 2K Server, Active Directory, XP and 2K Pro client problems

6. HP2100 Printer Config

7. Dual boot w/ XP & 2k Pro but want to upgrade to 2k Server

8. Help: where is DCE pthread.h in HP-UX 10.01?

9. Logon times...how long is too long?

10. Logon takes extremly long time on Win2k Pro

11. Win2000 Pro long long time loading

12. Connecting Win 2K Server with a Windows XP Pro PC

13. How Do I set logon times for users in windows 2000 pro