how do u find what an exe does//

Post by Rehma » Sun, 08 Sep 2002 07:55:07

i had techsupp from ibm give me an apache.exe which solved my problem of ssl
webserver crashing due to client handshake.. i need to know what they have
done to solve it? any help for this ?? thnx in advance//

how do u find what an exe does//

Post by Eric Sassaman [MS » Sun, 08 Sep 2002 12:30:54

As an FYI, please note that this newsgroup is no longer monitored by
Microsoft. Check out http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroups for a great
list of newsgroups to discuss Windows programming questions. You'll
find a much more active community and better support in those
newsgroups.

If you are not sure where to post, see
http://communities.microsoft.com for other Microsoft products.

Sorry I can't answer your question for you here instead of redirecting
you, unfortunately I don't know the answer to your specific question,
but the folks in the recommended newsgroups above may.

You might also want to check http://support.microsoft.com for
technical support options for MS products if the above newsgroups
prove unfruitful.
_____________
Eric Sassaman
Microsoft Support
rights.

Quote:> i had techsupp from ibm give me an apache.exe which solved my
problem of ssl
> webserver crashing due to client handshake.. i need to know what
they have
> done to solve it? any help for this ?? thnx in advance//

how do u find what an exe does//

Post by Joe Richards [MVP » Tue, 10 Sep 2002 01:21:15

You can try to disassemble it and then dig through the disassembly but
unless you are used to dig through assembly code with very little to know
comments it will be worthless to you.

Other option is to hope they will tell you if you ask.

--
Joe Richards
www.joeware.net