Corrupt User Profiles - Newbie

Post by Terry Feh » Fri, 20 Apr 2001 00:56:18

We just added a new client, the first one with Win 2000, to our NT4 domain.  We
have been running Win95/98 Clients up to this point.  We are having considerable
difficulty with local W2K user policies, they keep corrupting and I haven't got
the foggiest clue of where to start looking for the problem.  It started from the
first day we recieved the machine.

Another issue that I am thinking could be related to these policy problems is
that my database (Corel Paradox 8) is extremely slow when connecting to remote
tables on domain controller.  Locally everything works fine and fast.

Is there some sort of NT4 to Win2000 issue?  Anyone know of any settings that
would contribute to fixing these symptoms?

I just know that if I can't resolve this soon I'll be forced to go back to Win98.

Best Regards and Thanx in Advance,
Terry Fehr

Corrupt User Profiles - Newbie

I suggest the support.microsoft.com site.