Internet connection Wizard not making new connection

Internet connection Wizard not making new connection

Post by Rbroug » Sat, 05 May 2001 23:47:47

I have installed Win2000 Pro on a few machines and was able to click on Internet
Connection wizard and choose use lan for my DSL connection. Complete the wizard
and then I am surfing the web. On one machine I try the same thing and when I
complete the Internet connection wizard it trys to open a web page but fails with
an there is no connection to the internet do you want to work offline or try
again. Then when I look for any active connections created there is none. All I
see is the icon for creating a new Internet connection. The one I thought I just
created is gone. It's like when I click finish off of the Internet connection
wizard it vanishes and is not being saved. I am using Verizon DSL and I have a
swap drive and windows ME works fine but Win2000 Pro does not on this one machine

Thank you for any Help

Roger

1. DUN - Can't Create New Connection - Internet Conn Wizard Failure

Add another one to the list.  Same thing.  Reinstall does not help.  It
appears that Network and Dial-up Connections is a shell and
that it's instructions are passed thru RPC, Plug and Play and DCom services
as appropriate.  Something in the registry
is resposible, but what I have not found yet.  Same connections work fine
thru RASPhone.

I suspect it was something that was installed.  Unfortunately I had made
several changes and can not point to one.

I will let you know if I find a solution.

2. SETTLERS/SERF CITY combat calculations.

3. Internet Connection Sharing does not work over Dial up connection

4. Format command in backup

5. Internet Connection Sharing: Client permanently requests Build-up of Internet Connection

6. Parsing issue - ISO 15022 SWIFT messages.

7. Network Connection Wizard: Unable to Select Desired Connection Type

8. Wither the Fish-disk contents?

9. trouble making new dial-up connection as admin

10. When making a new network connection explorer opens another window.

11. Deny access to dial-up connections and making new.

12. When making a new network connection explorer opens another window.