MULTIPROCESSOR_CONFIGURATION_NOT_SUPPORTED

MULTIPROCESSOR_CONFIGURATION_NOT_SUPPORTED

Post by Francesc » Tue, 16 Jan 2001 12:40:55

Help...

I just finished an upgrade install of Win 2K over Nt 4.0 on a dual Pentium
II 300
machine that has been running perfectly with Nt 4.0 for 3 years.  After 5
hours of
trying to get this Win2K install completed, I got a blue screen on the
reboot between
the text-based setup and the first GUI setup.  Before I was just getting
repetitive
reboots without errors, at leasst now it gives me a blue screen:

MULTIPROCESSOR_CONFIGURATION_NOT_SUPPORTED

This one does not make sense since I have had this dual PII 300 system
running
beautifully on NT 4 for years.  Can someone offer some ideas on how to get
around this error?  Does Win2K not support dual PII 300 processors?

I have already tried to flash upgrade my BIOS and reset BIOS settings to
fail-safe.
This did nothing.  I need to get this system functional within 6 hours.  If
someone
can help, please let me know through this group, as I cannot check email
right now.

If I cannot get Win2K up I will be very disappointed but at least I can go
back to
NT 4.0, old reliable.

Francesco

MULTIPROCESSOR_CONFIGURATION_NOT_SUPPORTED

Post by <fred> » Fri, 19 Jan 2001 03:44:07

Hello
did you try to go in safe mode/ F8
when up have w2k (devicemanager)upgrade to the 2nd cpu.
Make sure you have the latest BIOS from your PC/server vendor
Hope this helps

Quote:> Help...

> I just finished an upgrade install of Win 2K over Nt 4.0 on a dual Pentium
> II 300
> machine that has been running perfectly with Nt 4.0 for 3 years.  After 5
> hours of
> trying to get this Win2K install completed, I got a blue screen on the
> reboot between
> the text-based setup and the first GUI setup.  Before I was just getting
> repetitive
> reboots without errors, at leasst now it gives me a blue screen:

> MULTIPROCESSOR_CONFIGURATION_NOT_SUPPORTED

> This one does not make sense since I have had this dual PII 300 system
> running
> beautifully on NT 4 for years.  Can someone offer some ideas on how to get
> around this error?  Does Win2K not support dual PII 300 processors?

> I have already tried to flash upgrade my BIOS and reset BIOS settings to
> fail-safe.
> This did nothing.  I need to get this system functional within 6 hours.
If
> someone
> can help, please let me know through this group, as I cannot check email
> right now.

> If I cannot get Win2K up I will be very disappointed but at least I can go
> back to
> NT 4.0, old reliable.

> Francesco

1. help : MULTIPROCESSOR_CONFIGURATION_NOT_SUPPORTED

I have HP Kayak XW (series A2 U2 W2) - D4690 with two processors (pentium II
300 MHZ). When I used Windows NT 4.0 server all two processors worked
perfectly, but now when I try install Windows 2000 server, my PC don't
support second processor, but  in "Device manager" show "MPS Multiprocessors
PC", but  in Bios select "MPS Uniprocessor". When I select "MPS
Multiprocessors" (in Bios), my PC show me blue screen with error  :
MULTIPROCESSOR_CONFIGURATION_NOT_SUPPORTED.

so
when in bios - MPS Uniprocessor and in windows 2000 server "Device
manager"-MPS Multiprocessors
compiuter work but don't support second processor.

when in bios - MPS Multiprocessors and in windows 2000 server  "Device
manager"-MPS Multiprocessor
compiuter don't work ----- error  :
MULTIPROCESSOR_CONFIGURATION_NOT_SUPPORTED

when in bios - MPS Multiprocessors and in windows 2000 server  "Device
manager"-MPS Uniprocessor
compiuter work how  Uniprocessor system

Where is a problem ? If it is Bios error, then where can I find bios upgrade
for
Pheonix Bios 4.0 Release 6.0.K (HB.12.06US or HB.12.00US)

2. Bad Sound when playing Audio CDs

3. X2 and gaming

4. MULTIPROCESSOR_CONFIGURATION_NOT_SUPPORTED on win2k install....

5. How do i remove old CALs

6. MULTIPROCESSOR_CONFIGURATION_NOT_SUPPORTED error on Win2K Server boot....help!

7. BUILD YOUR OWN C`A.B,L,E B,O`X...FREE C`A.B,L.E`................... 994

9. ** ALERT- - Rid your PC of Illegal Images** wwwwwwssssssxxxxxxxffffdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddeddddeddderee444eeemmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmjjjjjhhhhhhhhhgggggggggyuyyuuuuuu 5956 [1/2]

10. ** ALERT- - Rid your PC of Illegal Images** wwwwwwssssssxxxxxxxffffdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddeddddeddderee444eeemmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmjjjjjhhhhhhhhhgggggggggyuyyuu 2049 [1/2]

11. ** ALERT- - Rid your PC of Illegal Images** wwwwwwssssssxxxxxxxffffdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddeddddeddderee444eeemmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmjjjjjhhhhhhhhhgggggggggyuyyu 4215 [1/2]