Problems with Logon Scripts

Post by José Luis De la Cru » Sat, 10 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hi, please help me with this, i'm using Win98SE and a W2k server, but i
can't execute a login script when i logon to the server, this login script
maps network drives to my PC

Thanks for your help...

--
Saludos desde Tabasco, Mxico.

Jos Luis De la Cruz

Problems with Logon Scripts

Post by Kaiser Sos » Sun, 11 Jun 2000 04:00:00

OK first and foremost: MS$ changed the folder for logon scripts from NT to
WINNT\SYSVOL\sysvol\"the name of your domainin DNS form"\scripts.  The
script belongs in there on the server.  Second make sure your shared drives
have a name usable by DOS 8.3 character standard or you will have to
surround the command in your logon script with quotes.  Try a simple one
first.  Create a folder and call it "Hello"....  Share it out on the server
with the same mname of "Hello".  Create a batch file called logon.bat open
it and type "net use h: \\ServerName\Hello" then save and close it
(excluding the quotes). Put it in the directory noted above.  Go under
"Active Direc. for Users & Comp" and under the user properties your going to
use for login, select the profile tab.  Under logon scripts put "logon.bat"
(no quotes) and no path. Apply the settings and logon using that name on the
workstation.  You will then see the mapped drive.  This should point you in
the right direction for future maps. Also your running Kerberos in Win2K
server so I would add this line to make sure times are synced:

NET TIME\\ServerName /SET /YES

Hope this helps...

-Harry

Quote:> Hi, please help me with this, i'm using Win98SE and a W2k server, but i