Task Scheduler doesn't start task

Post by Tara » Wed, 22 Nov 2000 04:00:00

I've got the Task Scheduler set up to run a backup on our W2K server every night,
but it will only start if I am logged on at the time. There is nothing in the
Status column and there are no errors in the log. Any ideas?

Thanks

Task Scheduler doesn't start task

Post by boat_goa » Wed, 22 Nov 2000 04:00:00

The backup applet must run with backup operator or administrator authority
and have access to the target files.  My guess is that the userID and
password that you used to set up the scheduled job is insufficient to run
whatever you are trying to backup.

I've got the Task Scheduler set up to run a backup on our W2K server every
night,
but it will only start if I am logged on at the time. There is nothing in
the
Status column and there are no errors in the log. Any ideas?

Thanks

Task Scheduler doesn't start task

Post by Larry Hartwel » Wed, 22 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Set the backup to run using the SYSTEM account instead of YOUR account.
The SYSTEM is always logged in ;)

> I've got the Task Scheduler set up to run a backup on our W2K server
every =
> night,=20
> but it will only start if I am logged on at the time. There is nothing
in t=
> he=20
> Status column and there are no errors in the log. Any ideas?

> Thanks

Task Scheduler doesn't start task

Post by Tara » Thu, 23 Nov 2000 04:00:00

I tried this already and it still didn't work. I also tested this on my PC which
is running W2K Pro, and it worked fine. This is a W2K server with Terminal
Services installed. Could that have any effect?

Set the backup to run using the SYSTEM account instead of YOUR account.
The SYSTEM is always logged in ;)

> I've got the Task Scheduler set up to run a backup on our W2K server
every =
> night,=20
> but it will only start if I am logged on at the time. There is nothing
in t=
> he=20
> Status column and there are no errors in the log. Any ideas?

> Thanks

.

1. Task Scheduler doesn't run job task

Hello Peers;

I have a very peculiar problem; We have created a vbs
script that net use and maps a virtual drive and collects a
couple of files to remote servers then copy's them back to
the system were the script was run from.

The scripts runs fine and start and completes when run
manually from the command line, but when we try and run it
from the scheduler the job starts but never stops or
completes and stops after time out.

I have created other jobs that work fine.  I'm using an
account with admin rights to setup the task but without
success, remember the script runs fine manually from the
command line.  I have a feeling it has something to do with
some permissions.  But have not found were the problem lies.

Anyone has some thoughts...?

2. new user SMS 2.0 w SP4

3. Task Scheduler does not start scheduled tasks!

4. DLL and VBX calls in EXEs

5. Task Scheduler : Task could not start

6. remote print to bsd system...

7. Task Scheduler won't run tasks

8. Japan - How to #21 - Pick-up Girls??

9. Task Scheduler: My tasks run, but I can't see them...

10. task scheduler doesn't run interactively

11. Task scheduler doesn't include "Shutdown" as an option !!??

12. Windows 2000 Task Scheduler Doesn't Work Unless Logged On

13. Task Scheduler Doesn't Work