tweakui for win2K

Post by leyland johnso » Wed, 28 Nov 2001 09:37:27

Running win 2k pro (sp2)
I have several accounts on this local machine, and I would like to enable
complete control of tweakui to one of  the accounts.  Specifically, I would
like to get rid of the  Documents tab in the Start menu.  I can do it from
the administrators account but it does not take effect in the other
accounts,
and I can't get rid of the Documents tab logged on as any of the other
accounts. Any
suggestions?
 thanks in advance for any help

tweakui for win2K

Post by Pat » Wed, 28 Nov 2001 09:52:30

You can do it in gpedit.msc as a group policy for the m/c.

Pat

| Running win 2k pro (sp2)
| I have several accounts on this local machine, and I would like to enable
| complete control of tweakui to one of  the accounts.  Specifically, I
would
| like to get rid of the  Documents tab in the Start menu.  I can do it from
| the administrators account but it does not take effect in the other
| accounts,
| and I can't get rid of the Documents tab logged on as any of the other
| accounts. Any
| suggestions?
|  thanks in advance for any help

tweakui for win2K

Post by a.. » Fri, 07 Dec 2001 20:10:10

Why not temporarily put the user in the administrators group, change
the settings with tweakui, then take the user out of the
administrators group?

On Tue, 27 Nov 2001 00:37:27 GMT, "leyland johnson"