Limited Virtual Memory

Limited Virtual Memory

Post by Gary Hatchet » Wed, 28 May 2003 23:41:43



I was copying my Windows 2000 C drive to a new hard
drive.  There were a few stumbles but when I got it
completed and fired up the system I got a 'Limeted Virtual
Memory' warning and it said "You system has no paging
file, or paging file is too small'.  Then it tells how to
fix it.  But this shows up right after I hit OK to log
into the system.  Then I get the warning and I hit OK and
I get the login screen again.  How do I get Out of this
loop and fix this.

Thank you

 
 
 

Limited Virtual Memory

Post by Daniel Prat » Thu, 29 May 2003 02:53:49


Upon booting up, press F8.
You need to get into Windows via a safe mode.
Once you're in Windows right-click My Computer.
Get into System Properties.
Click the Advanced tab, and then select Performance
Options.
Under the Virtual Memory section click the Change button.
Set your paging file to a larger size.

There's also another fix for this problem, you need to
physically go into the actual page file and edit it.  
(Unfortunately, I can't remember offhand how to do it
that way, sorry!)

Hope this helps.

Daniel Pratt
MIS Systems Analyst
Great Blue Heron Charity *
Port Perry, Ontario, Canada

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I was copying my Windows 2000 C drive to a new hard
>drive.  There were a few stumbles but when I got it
>completed and fired up the system I got a 'Limeted
Virtual
>Memory' warning and it said "You system has no paging
>file, or paging file is too small'.  Then it tells how
to
>fix it.  But this shows up right after I hit OK to log
>into the system.  Then I get the warning and I hit OK
and
>I get the login screen again.  How do I get Out of this
>loop and fix this.

>Thank you
>.


 
 
 

Limited Virtual Memory

Post by Gary Hatchet » Thu, 29 May 2003 03:02:54


Safe Mode Boots up with the same problem.  Caught in the
same loop.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Upon booting up, press F8.
>You need to get into Windows via a safe mode.
>Once you're in Windows right-click My Computer.
>Get into System Properties.
>Click the Advanced tab, and then select Performance
>Options.
>Under the Virtual Memory section click the Change button.
>Set your paging file to a larger size.

>There's also another fix for this problem, you need to
>physically go into the actual page file and edit it.  
>(Unfortunately, I can't remember offhand how to do it
>that way, sorry!)

>Hope this helps.

>Daniel Pratt
>MIS Systems Analyst
>Great Blue Heron Charity *
>Port Perry, Ontario, Canada

>>-----Original Message-----
>>I was copying my Windows 2000 C drive to a new hard
>>drive.  There were a few stumbles but when I got it
>>completed and fired up the system I got a 'Limeted
>Virtual
>>Memory' warning and it said "You system has no paging
>>file, or paging file is too small'.  Then it tells how
>to
>>fix it.  But this shows up right after I hit OK to log
>>into the system.  Then I get the warning and I hit OK
>and
>>I get the login screen again.  How do I get Out of this
>>loop and fix this.

>>Thank you
>>.

>.

 
 
 

Limited Virtual Memory

Post by Dere » Thu, 29 May 2003 03:42:40


This may be fixed by booting to a win 2000 disk and
repairing the install.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Safe Mode Boots up with the same problem.  Caught in the
>same loop.
>>-----Original Message-----
>>Upon booting up, press F8.
>>You need to get into Windows via a safe mode.
>>Once you're in Windows right-click My Computer.
>>Get into System Properties.
>>Click the Advanced tab, and then select Performance
>>Options.
>>Under the Virtual Memory section click the Change button.
>>Set your paging file to a larger size.

>>There's also another fix for this problem, you need to
>>physically go into the actual page file and edit it.  
>>(Unfortunately, I can't remember offhand how to do it
>>that way, sorry!)

>>Hope this helps.

>>Daniel Pratt
>>MIS Systems Analyst
>>Great Blue Heron Charity *
>>Port Perry, Ontario, Canada

>>>-----Original Message-----
>>>I was copying my Windows 2000 C drive to a new hard
>>>drive.  There were a few stumbles but when I got it
>>>completed and fired up the system I got a 'Limeted
>>Virtual
>>>Memory' warning and it said "You system has no paging
>>>file, or paging file is too small'.  Then it tells how
>>to
>>>fix it.  But this shows up right after I hit OK to log
>>>into the system.  Then I get the warning and I hit OK
>>and
>>>I get the login screen again.  How do I get Out of this
>>>loop and fix this.

>>>Thank you
>>>.

>>.

>.

 
 
 

Limited Virtual Memory

Post by Inach » Fri, 30 May 2003 05:11:56


Sounds like to me you need to delete all your trash and temp files on your C
drive.............

When was the last time you cleaned up and optimized your system?

Inachu


Quote:> Safe Mode Boots up with the same problem.  Caught in the
> same loop.
> >-----Original Message-----
> >Upon booting up, press F8.
> >You need to get into Windows via a safe mode.
> >Once you're in Windows right-click My Computer.
> >Get into System Properties.
> >Click the Advanced tab, and then select Performance
> >Options.
> >Under the Virtual Memory section click the Change button.
> >Set your paging file to a larger size.

> >There's also another fix for this problem, you need to
> >physically go into the actual page file and edit it.
> >(Unfortunately, I can't remember offhand how to do it
> >that way, sorry!)

> >Hope this helps.

> >Daniel Pratt
> >MIS Systems Analyst
> >Great Blue Heron Charity *
> >Port Perry, Ontario, Canada

> >>-----Original Message-----
> >>I was copying my Windows 2000 C drive to a new hard
> >>drive.  There were a few stumbles but when I got it
> >>completed and fired up the system I got a 'Limeted
> >Virtual
> >>Memory' warning and it said "You system has no paging
> >>file, or paging file is too small'.  Then it tells how
> >to
> >>fix it.  But this shows up right after I hit OK to log
> >>into the system.  Then I get the warning and I hit OK
> >and
> >>I get the login screen again.  How do I get Out of this
> >>loop and fix this.

> >>Thank you
> >>.

> >.

 
 
 

1. Limited Virtual Memory

I recently tried to ghost an exsisting win2000
professional system from a 10gig to 20 gig drive. Although
ghost said it was successful, when i tried to logon to the
system i get a " Limited Virtual memory" error. It then
goes on to explain how to adjust the paging file but i
cannot logon to the system in order to change this.
Originally this system had an autologon setup. are there
any tools / diagnostics that i can use to fix this?

2. ARRGH! What is it with this SQL stuff!?

3. Limited Virtual Memory - Urgent please help

4. 100mbps networks

5. W2k Pro Limited Virtual Memory

6. Best Combat/Bomber Flight Sim..Recommendation

7. Limited virtual memory

8. DJGPP version of Emacs vs. NT Emacs?

9. "Limited Virtual Memory"

10. limited virtual memory

11. Limited Virtual Memory

12. limited virtual memory

13. Limited Virtual Memory Error