Restore deleted STARTUP folder to work properly

Restore deleted STARTUP folder to work properly

Post by Joe » Mon, 24 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Below is an old post to which I didn't see any replies, but I wonder if
anyone knows how to solve this guys problem because I'm having the same VERY
FRUSTRATING problem.

Thanks.

J.

Quote:> Okay W2K Gurus.... Here's the deal.

> I've deleted the following STARTUP folders: (GONE! Ooops)

>    C:\Document and Settings\User\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
>    C:\Document and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

> The result after creating new STARTUP folders is the following:
>    If I put shortcuts in the ...\User\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
>    the shortcuts will not load from the Startup folder when I log in
>    under that user.

>    If I put shortcuts in the ..\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
>    they load twice upon login.

>    Is there some kind of registry setting I need to set???

> HELP!!!!

> Just one of the little annoyances I would like to get working...
> --
> -=* dEnDrItE *=-

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

1. Restore deleted STARTUP folder to work properly

Okay W2K Gurus.... Here's the deal.

I've deleted the following STARTUP folders: (GONE! Ooops)

   C:\Document and Settings\User\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
   C:\Document and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

The result after creating new STARTUP folders is the following:
   If I put shortcuts in the ...\User\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
   the shortcuts will not load from the Startup folder when I log in
   under that user.

   If I put shortcuts in the ..\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
   they load twice upon login.

   Is there some kind of registry setting I need to set???

HELP!!!!

Just one of the little annoyances I would like to get working...
--
-=* dEnDrItE *=-

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. How does CDDB work?

3. How to properly delete archived service pack uninstall folder??

4. compiling ANSI C with CW Pro 2

5. IntelliType Pro Not Working Properly after Startup

6. TT

7. Delete and Home Buttons not working properly

8. Everything you EVER DID is STILL STORED IN YOUR PC (8mhq9ktmp)

9. History folder not working properly (unable to view by date)

10. Win98SE - Folder settings do not work properly, can anyone confirm?

11. Folder Permissions - Read/Write/Delete but not delete or move folders

12. Deleting a Folder Containing Redirected User Folders when the User has been Deleted

13. Delete items in a folder without deleting the folder...