w32time event id 62 & 64

Post by Erik » Fri, 07 Dec 2001 23:35:13

I have a 2K server as the root of my forest. It is the
only 2K system. All of my other servers are NT4 and so are
my workstations.

The server keeps logging the event id 62 & 64's. Basically
it is trying to resynchronize with something and it is
failing. I reviewed Q258059 from Microsoft. It was close
but not quite what I was looking for. Do I need to have
the server going out there to do a synch? Also if I do,
how can I go about correcting the issue since this is the
PDC and not just added to an NT4 network where an NT4
server is the PDC?

FYI: I think whenever it's trying to do a synch it is
killing my network. What I mean by that is my network is
going down at 4:45 almost every single day and magically
comes back on at 10:00. Weird, but I think it is related
to the time synch issue.

Many thanks in advance.

w32time event id 62 & 64

Post by Mont » Sat, 08 Dec 2001 00:15:37

See this MS article
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q216734

it should get you lined out.

1. event source w32time event id 62 & 64

[...]

2. Just Wondering....

3. w32Time ID 62 & 64

4. The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send

5. Event ID 64 Win32time warning and Event ID 62 Win32time Error

6. WSorkaround for the known MeasureText bug

7. W32time and Event ID 62 & 54

8. Mex gcc and solaris

9. Event id 62 w32time

10. How to resolve Error - Event ID = 62 - w32time

11. Event Viewer Error: 62 & 54: w32time