Removing Run - Disables http access

Post by Barane » Thu, 14 Jun 2001 23:23:34

Hi Friends,

    We have started to test GP implementation . We do not want a group of
users to Browse or access the network , but we want them to access only
Internet . We disabled Run from the start menu . After disabling this we are
unable to use Web browsers to access the internet . Any help on this .

Kind regards
baranee

Post by Barane » Thu, 14 Jun 2001 23:24:10

Hi Friends,

    We have started to test GP implementation . We do not want a group of
users to Browse or access the network , but we want them to access only
Internet . We disabled Run from the start menu . After disabling this we are
unable to use Web browsers to access the internet . Any help on this .

Kind regards
baranee

Removing Run - Disables http access

Post by Ben Bridl » Fri, 15 Jun 2001 01:13:17

1. removing the run command disables http:// in IE5.01

I added the registry key NoRun into
software/microsoft/windows/currentversion/policies/explorer to remove
the run command from the start menu only to find out it disables using
http:// in front of any web request in IE5.01.

so with no run command in the start menu, www.msn.com works but
http://www.msn.com does not!

what is happening here?

2. Matlab GUI VS VC GUI

3. HTTP 403 - Access Forbidden accessing to Cert Server...

4. Amiga 2000/toaster 4000/Amilink A?B roll controller

5. how do I access group policy if Run command is disabled?

6. Phoenix 8088

7. policy "remove run from start menu" in conflict with access to web resources????

8. setspace doublespacing w/ singlesp. headings

9. Add and Remove buttons disabled in Add/Remove Programs

10. can we host both Http and https in same server iis 5.0

11. http to https