MULTIPROCESSOR_CONFIGURATION_NOT_SUPPORTED on win2k install....

MULTIPROCESSOR_CONFIGURATION_NOT_SUPPORTED on win2k install....

Post by Francesc » Tue, 16 Jan 2001 12:39:55

Help...

I just finished an upgrade install of Win 2K over Nt 4.0 on a dual Pentium
II 300
machine that has been running perfectly with Nt 4.0 for 3 years.  After 5
hours of
trying to get this Win2K install completed, I got a blue screen on the
reboot between
the text-based setup and the first GUI setup.  Before I was just getting
repetitive
reboots without errors, at leasst now it gives me a blue screen:

MULTIPROCESSOR_CONFIGURATION_NOT_SUPPORTED

This one does not make sense since I have had this dual PII 300 system
running
beautifully on NT 4 for years.  Can someone offer some ideas on how to get
around this error?  Does Win2K not support dual PII 300 processors?

I have already tried to flash upgrade my BIOS and reset BIOS settings to
fail-safe.
This did nothing.  I need to get this system functional within 6 hours.  If
someone
can help, please let me know through this group, as I cannot check email
right now.

If I cannot get Win2K up I will be very disappointed but at least I can go
back to
NT 4.0, old reliable.

Francesco

MULTIPROCESSOR_CONFIGURATION_NOT_SUPPORTED on win2k install....

Post by Bria » Fri, 19 Jan 2001 04:24:06

Try taking one of the processors out. This has worked in the past. However 2000
should know that there are 2 processors in it.
Quote:-----Original Message-----
[...]

.

1. MULTIPROCESSOR_CONFIGURATION_NOT_SUPPORTED error on Win2K Server boot....help!

[...]

2. PovRay under windows NT - DOS extender Error Need help

3. help : MULTIPROCESSOR_CONFIGURATION_NOT_SUPPORTED

4. VMS ftp site for converter DVI -> HP emulsion ?

5. LaserWriter 630 Pro?

6. MULTIPROCESSOR_CONFIGURATION_NOT_SUPPORTED

7. GANTT chart on S5?

9. geforce2 mx-200/32mb does not run on my Win2k install...........................

10. ** ALERT- - Rid your PC of Illegal Images** wwwwwwssssssxxxxxxxffffdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddeddddeddderee444eeemmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmjjjjjhhhhhhhhhgggggggggyuyyuuuuuu 5956 [1/2]

11. ** ALERT- - Rid your PC of Illegal Images** wwwwwwssssssxxxxxxxffffdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddeddddeddderee444eeemmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmjjjjjhhhhhhhhhgggggggggyuyyuu 2049 [1/2]