LDAP Port

Post by Haim » Sat, 18 Aug 2001 01:55:42

Dear Folks,

I need to install Netscape LDAP on my 2k advanced server.
Problem is that the LDAP "well known" port 389 is being
possessed by MS Active directory.
I need to change the Active Directory LDAP port to a
different port.
Anyone have any idea how to do that ?

Thanks very much,
Haim.

LDAP Port

Post by Jesse Verdi » Sat, 18 Aug 2001 02:33:15

Windows 2000-based domain controllers utilize Lightweight Directory Access
Protocol (LDAP) port 389 for communication to the Active Directory. I would
advise you not to change the port number for LDAP. Try to change it for
Netscape....

thanks,
JesseV.

Quote:> Dear Folks,

> I need to install Netscape LDAP on my 2k advanced server.
> Problem is that the LDAP "well known" port 389 is being
> possessed by MS Active directory.
> I need to change the Active Directory LDAP port to a
> different port.
> Anyone have any idea how to do that ?

> Thanks very much,
> Haim.

LDAP Port

Post by Jesse Verdi » Sat, 18 Aug 2001 02:38:27

Alternate route, Change the ldap communication to use SSL/LDAP port 636.
More information at article : Article ID: Q247078

thanks,
JesseV.

Quote:> Dear Folks,

> I need to install Netscape LDAP on my 2k advanced server.
> Problem is that the LDAP "well known" port 389 is being
> possessed by MS Active directory.
> I need to change the Active Directory LDAP port to a
> different port.
> Anyone have any idea how to do that ?

> Thanks very much,
> Haim.

LDAP Port

Post by Joe Richard » Sat, 18 Aug 2001 03:32:22

How many groups did you post this in?

You can not change the port for AD. Install your LDAP server on a ember
server and you will be fine.

--
---
Joe Richards

Opinions expressed are, as always, Joe's and probably insulting to someone
somewhere so just relax. =)
http://www.joeware.net

Quote:> Dear Folks,