Internet connection, dropping connection

Internet connection, dropping connection

Post by Jim Voigtlaende » Sun, 05 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I was using ICS with win98 working very well with 4 other machines.
Win2k is working ok, but it will not drop the connection like windows 98
did, Any hints.

--

Jim Voigtlaender
A + / MCP

Http://windowstech.homestead.com

1. Internet Connection Sharing - How to Have Client Drop the Connection

Win2KPro has a dial-up connection to the Internet, and I have enabled
Internet Connection Sharing. This PC is networked to another running
NT 4.0 Workstation. The networking protocol was originally NetBEUI,
but I added TCP/IP with "Obtain an IP address from a DHCP server" to
the NT 4.0 PC to enable modem sharing.

I can start the modem dialling by launching IE from the NT 4.0 client,
and it browses the Web OK, but no icon appears in its system tray for
DUN monitor. How can I drop the Internet connection from the NT 4.0
client?

Cheers,
Link

2. Backing up network with CD-R

3. Internet Connection Sharing: Client permanently requests Build-up of Internet Connection

4. Mirror Quark Xtension

5. Internet connections dropping since W2K install

6. WipeOut

7. Home network drops Internet connection

8. plug-in to extract page(s) from multipage pdf

9. workstations drop internet connection thought server

10. HELP:Internet Connection keeps dropping

11. internet connection drops

12. w2k professional stations drop internet connection

13. Help:Internet Connection Drops