Trouble with Windows 2000 Professional

Post by yaku » Sun, 26 May 2002 07:20:39

Hi to everybody !
Since yesterday I have trouble with my system. There is a task, called
Winkwnn, which eats up all CPU power. That means, it consumes almost
100% of the available power.
Two questions came up:
What is this task good for?
What forces him to consume so much of the CPU power?

Btw. , after I have deactivated this task , the winlogon task started
to show the same behavior?

Any help appreciated!!
Thanks in advance and bye

Tom

Trouble with Windows 2000 Professional

Post by Vera Noes » Sun, 26 May 2002 22:55:32

Quote:> Hi to everybody !
> Since yesterday I have trouble with my system. There is a task, called
> Winkwnn, which eats up all CPU power. That means, it consumes almost
> 100% of the available power.
> Two questions came up:
> What is this task good for?
> What forces him to consume so much of the CPU power?

> Btw. , after I have deactivated this task , the winlogon task started
> to show the same behavior?

> Any help appreciated!!
> Thanks in advance and bye

> Tom

Several variants of the W32.Klez worm cause this behaviour. They infect
files with a name of wink<random characters>.exe
All major antivirus software manufacturers have information about Klez and
how to remove it. See for example

Vera Noest
MCSE, CCA

               remove obvious antispammer