Problem with APC USB Backup-UPS CS 500VA with Windows 2000

Problem with APC USB Backup-UPS CS 500VA with Windows 2000

Post by James Xiaolu Ji » Wed, 03 Oct 2001 08:15:27

Hi,

I recently installed this APC UPS and its supplied driver and Power Options
Configuration Wizard application/software for Windows 2000. Since the
installation was done under my own Windows 2000 login account with
administrator priviledge, if I log into Windows 2000 with this account, I'd
see on the task bar the UPS icon with the indicator "On AC Power" , but if I
log into this Windows 2000 with another account aslo with administrator
priviledge or login with the Windows 2000's build-in Administrator account,
won't see this UPS icon on the windows' task bar, which I believe indicates
that it is not running any Power Schemes or monitoring the UPS battery.
Any idea what's wrong here? Why I can't see the Power Options
configuration icon if I log into the Windows 2000 with an account which is
not the one under which I installed the APC UPS driver and Power Options
Configuration Wizard?

Thanks,
James

1. Problem APC USB Back-UPS CS 500VA with Windows 200

Hi,

I installed this APC UPS and its supplied driver and Power Options
Configuration Wizard application/software for Windows 2000. Since the
installation was done with my own Windows 2000 login account with
administrator priviledge, if I log into Windows 2000 with my account, I'd
see on the task bar the UPS icon with the indicator "On AC Power" , but if I
log into this Windows 2000 with another account aslo with administrator
priviledge or login with the Windows 2000 build-in Administrator account, I
won't see this UPS icon on the windows' task bar, which I believe indicates
that it is not running any Power Schemes or monitoring the UPS battery.
Anything idea what's wrong here? Why I can't see the Power Options
configuration icon if I log into the Windows 2000 with an account which is
not the one with which I installed the APC UPS driver and Power Options
Configuration Wizard?

Thanks,
James

2. setactive() often fails on one NT box

3. APC Back-Ups 500va

4. Problems with IPX on a win2k/win98 mixed network

5. APC Back-UPS Pro 350 problems with USB / Win2k

6. Discussion on Asp.net, vb.net, C#.net Resources

7. APC Back UPS-Pro 350 (USB) under Win2k ...

8. Need Adobe Output Designer in MN

9. APC - UPS - USB - Soyo

10. APC Backup-Pro UPS 500

11. APC Back-UPS help

12. Belkin AVR-500VA UPS questions and Win2000 shutdown problems

13. APC Backups and USB Connection