Maximum Password Age

Post by Scott Farris » Sat, 19 May 2001 22:17:36

The system default was 42 days for max password age.  If I change this to a
value greater than 42 will this extend the expiration date?

Maximum Password Age

Post by Frank Kryszo » Mon, 21 May 2001 19:56:50

yes , if not defined different throu Domain Policies
set it to 0 for never expire

--

Frank Kryszon
MCSE

Quote:> The system default was 42 days for max password age.  If I change this to
> value greater than 42 will this extend the expiration date?

1. Maximum Password age blowing up

We just set the "Maximum Password Age" setting to 90 days in our "Default
Domain Policy". It used to be "Not Defined". Now everyone is being prompted
to change thier password.The problem is that when they attempt to change the
pasword and click OK, they get an error message that thier account is locked
out?? I then have to go and unlck it and manually put in thier password???
The Minimum Password Age is 0 days. Enforce password history is "Not
Defined", Pasword Complexity is "Not Defined, Account lockout Threshold is
"10 invalid attempts" For some reason the account is getting locked out as
soon as they are prompted to change thier password, but because its locked
out, they can't change them. HELP

2. Webexplorer Bug with Umlauts in Buttons

3. confusion over maximum password age....

4. problem with html

5. Maximum Password Age

6. Cover for a mobile robot

7. FP2002/XP and Banner Ad Manager

8. Force maximum password age on only some users???

9. Password Age Setting

10. password age

11. 2000 Pro user passwords age

12. default domain GPO, password aging