Wallpaper Doesn't Follow Roaming Profile (Folder Redirection)

Wallpaper Doesn't Follow Roaming Profile (Folder Redirection)

Post by Eri » Sat, 28 Sep 2002 05:35:31

I created a group policy for folder redirection.  I set it for
Application Data, Desktop, and My Documents.  I can log on to
different PC's and the Desktop and My Documents will follow my login.
But I don't know why the Wallpaper doesn't show up.  (There are no
restrictions to changing the wallpaper.)

Wallpaper Doesn't Follow Roaming Profile (Folder Redirection)

Post by Aaro » Sat, 28 Sep 2002 22:37:32

The wallpaper is in your registry and hence your user.dat upon logoff
which will only follow you if you specify a roming profile in active
directory

> I created a group policy for folder redirection.  I set it for
> Application Data, Desktop, and My Documents.  I can log on to
> different PC's and the Desktop and My Documents will follow my login.
> But I don't know why the Wallpaper doesn't show up.  (There are no
> restrictions to changing the wallpaper.)

1. Outlook 2000 with GPO Setup Roaming Profiles doesn't want to roam

We have set up some test users on several Windows 2000 Pro machines, logging
into a Windows 2000 server with AD and DNS implemented .   The workstations
have Office 2000, Win2000SP1, Autocad, printers and drive mappings all setup
and imaged consistently.

Created a GPO on  a new OU to apply scripts and re-directed folders
including MyDocuments folder and settings.  User A logs into machine 1,
changes some things for fun, Outlook works fine.  Goes to machine 2 and
everything work great but if they try to start Outlook it kicks into
re-installing itself and trashes the settings. (SMTP mail only, not
Exchange)

We are pretty sure the issue is how Outlook 2000 stuffs the PST (and
probably the rest of the settings) outside of the default folders that we
can redirect.

Can we redirect the other folders for the Outlook PST and settings?  And
failing that, if we set up the Outlook 2000 user to use a PST installed in
their "MyDocuments" folder will that allow the "roaming profile GPO" to work
or are there still other Outlook dropping we will be missing?

Has anyone else fought this and found a cool (read also as easier and more
reliable way) to do this and should either of these work?  Any help or
thoughts appreciated.

Bob Lamb

2. Searching information about Meiko's first generation of Computing surface.

3. Outlook Express with AD, Roaming Profiles, and Folder Redirection

4. Cannot receive hyperlinks in I. M. 1.0

5. roaming profile and folder redirection

6. maple huh?

7. roaming profiles/folder redirection

8. hard drive problems

9. Roaming user profile vs Folder Redirection

10. Help with roaming profile / folder redirection

11. folder redirection with a roaming profile

12. Roaming Profile and Folder Redirection

13. roaming profiles and folder redirection