thumbnail view in explorer doesn't work

Post by Don Pugea » Wed, 09 Oct 2002 12:37:53

I removed the file association of jpg and then re-created
it associating it again with internet explorer.  Now when
I use thumbnail view in windows explorer .jpg files don't
display, but other files (bmp, tif) display correctly.
Any idea how to correct?

Post by Jerold Schulma » Wed, 09 Oct 2002 22:33:31

>I removed the file association of jpg and then re-created
>it associating it again with internet explorer.  Now when
>I use thumbnail view in windows explorer .jpg files don't
>display, but other files (bmp, tif) display correctly.
>Any idea how to correct?

See tip 2083 or 3871 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com

Jerold Schulman
Windows Server MVP / Configuration Management
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com

thumbnail view in explorer doesn't work

Post by George Heste » Wed, 09 Oct 2002 22:42:06

Does your registry entries for .jpg look like this?

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

"Content Type"="image/jpeg"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.jpg\ShellEx]

--
George Hester
______________________________

Quote:> I removed the file association of jpg and then re-created
> it associating it again with internet explorer.  Now when
> I use thumbnail view in windows explorer .jpg files don't
> display, but other files (bmp, tif) display correctly.
> Any idea how to correct?

1. Thumbnails view doesn't work

I installed quickbooks pro 2000 on my win 2k machine, after installation I
noticed my modem no longer worked and when I used explorer to view images as
thumbnails all i saw was icons, no images. I uninstalled the software and
now my modem works but i still cannot view thumbnails. Anyone know how to
fix this?

2. search form problem

3. Explorer - Thumbnail View - Pics w/ Jpg ext don't work

4. What are ALL of the files that I need for DJGPP

5. Explorer view - refresh doesn't work

6. Palm OS Upgrade problems (flash ROM)

7. the folder view of the left pane from explorerbar in explorer.exe doesn't work

8. Upgrading 4.9.5 -> 8.1

9. Explorers "details view" doesn't work

10. "Remember each folder's view settings" doesn't work

11. 2nd try: explorer doesn't display thumbnails for jpg and gif

12. Can't see thumbnail in thumbnail view

13. Thumbnail View in Explorer Not Working