Apple LaserWriter, fails to printer

Post by Tim » Fri, 19 Oct 2001 09:31:32

I am running Windows 2000 and trying to print from an
apple laser writer NTR using the print driver from the
Windows 2000 professional edition, service pack 1.  The
printer blinks* it is trying to process something then
dies.  Any thoughts?

Apple LaserWriter, fails to printer

Post by ato_ze » Sun, 21 Oct 2001 04:46:32

I've got the same problem, Apple Laser Writer II NT
works fine in Win95, Win98, WinMe but not under
Windows 2000 or XP, which seemingly use different
or re-written drivers. Why can't MS leave the working
bits alone?  HELP

Quote:> I am running Windows 2000 and trying to print from an
> apple laser writer NTR using the print driver from the
> Windows 2000 professional edition, service pack 1.  The
> printer blinks* it is trying to process something then
> dies.  Any thoughts?

1. W2kas printer driver for Apple Laserwriter 4/600 PS

Hello, mixed PC and Macintosh network here.  Have everything working ok
except one old Apple Laserwriter 4/600 PS.  It only supports AppleTalk
communications but I have installed the AppleTalk Protocol and other
aspects
of the protocol seem fine (file sharing and other printers).  Windows
2000
ships with support for nearly every printer Apple ever made (even ones
older
than the one I am trying to get to work) but no such luck here.  As I
see it
I have a couple of options:

    1) Find out from a newsgroup if anyone has been able to make any of
the
other Apple supported drivers work for this printer.

    2) Find out from a newsgroup if anyone has been able to print
PostScript
on a passthrough basis directly (through a defined LPR port) to such a
printer.

The main reason I am trying so hard to get this to work is to be able to
use
the spooling capabilities on the w2k server to free up some resources on

some of the older mac hardware we have to use here.

Much thanks for any help anyone is able to provide.

2. Can't get SMC Elite16 and Ultra16 to run

3. Windows2000 driver for printer Apple LaserWriter Select 360

4. ZIP problems

5. Apple Personal Laserwriter NTR

6. Kerberos 4 on Linux: Compile error

7. Apple Laserwriter Pro 600 driver for Win2000

8. FS MCT-VGAEIO $100.00

9. W2K to print to Apple Laserwriter 4/600 PS

10. Double sided printing on apple laserwriter

11. Printing to Apple LaserWriter IIg - solved...how to...

12. Apple Laserwriter => w2k server wont work proper ;o(

13. apple laserwriter 630