Event ID 62 in System Event Log

Post by Mike Brig » Mon, 26 Mar 2001 04:32:37

Hello Bill,
Thanks for contacting Microsoft Technical Support Online Newsgroups.

I found the following Knowledge Base article will related directly to your
question.
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q216/7/34.asp

Thanks,
Mike Briggs
Microsoft 2000/NT Server

1. Event ID 62 in System Event Log

I keep getting W32Time Event ID 62 errors in the system Event log for my
main server. The message indicates I need to Configure a time sync from and
external time source usinf net time /setsntp:<server name>. Two questions:

1. Where do I get a list of available time server names, and what is the
name format expected by the net time command?

2. Do I need to execute this command after every reboot or is the
information retained in the registry and restored after a reboot?

Bill Walter
Resource Optimization, Inc.

2. Black Ice Defender Protection Level

3. Event ID 64 Win32time warning and Event ID 62 Win32time Error

4. feedback on WriteRight screen protectors

5. event source w32time event id 62 & 64

6. CW IDE unexpectedly quitting

7. Event id 62 w32time

8. Internet Mail -Outbox

9. Event ID 62 info