APC Back-Ups 500va

Post by Hocke » Fri, 16 Feb 2001 15:13:29

I have my APC Back-Ups 500va connected to com port 1. I can not get the
native drivers or the software to communicate with it. I have checked the
help and I have not had any success. Thanks in advance

APC Back-Ups 500va

Post by Charlie Brow » Sat, 17 Feb 2001 05:45:06

If your using APC's software uninstall it as it screws up the system.
win2000 has everything you need already. after uninstalling there will be a
tab in your power options in control panel for ups's.

Quote:> I have my APC Back-Ups 500va connected to com port 1. I can not get the
> native drivers or the software to communicate with it. I have checked the
> help and I have not had any success. Thanks in advance

1. Problem APC USB Back-UPS CS 500VA with Windows 200

Hi,

I installed this APC UPS and its supplied driver and Power Options
Configuration Wizard application/software for Windows 2000. Since the
installation was done with my own Windows 2000 login account with
administrator priviledge, if I log into Windows 2000 with my account, I'd
see on the task bar the UPS icon with the indicator "On AC Power" , but if I
log into this Windows 2000 with another account aslo with administrator
priviledge or login with the Windows 2000 build-in Administrator account, I
won't see this UPS icon on the windows' task bar, which I believe indicates
that it is not running any Power Schemes or monitoring the UPS battery.
Anything idea what's wrong here? Why I can't see the Power Options
configuration icon if I log into the Windows 2000 with an account which is
not the one with which I installed the APC UPS driver and Power Options
Configuration Wizard?

Thanks,
James

2. Where to Buy: HDB15 to HDB15 Cable for O2 to GDM-17E21

3. Problem with APC USB Backup-UPS CS 500VA with Windows 2000

4. Win98SE Workstation Won't Run Config.pol

5. APC Back-UPS help

6. Need help with Gulam/MX2

7. APC Back-UPS Pro 350 problems with USB / Win2k

8. Security templates vs. power users...

9. APC Back UPS-Pro 350 (USB) under Win2k ...

10. Belkin AVR-500VA UPS questions and Win2000 shutdown problems

11. APC UPS'S & NO AUTO REBOOT

12. APC Backup-Pro UPS 500

13. APC UPS can not detect COM1