increasing file handles on win2k

Post by Mark Morgenster » Mon, 26 Feb 2001 14:57:50

I am switching from a Novell/ipx network to a Windows 2000 server.

On the Novell server, we had a dos application running (Foxpro).  Because of the
many files that it opened, we had to increase the FILE HANDLES under NET.CFG and
decrease them in CONFIG.SYS since there is a limitation of a combined ount of 254.

We now moved to Windows 2000.  We have some clients that must boot in dos.  We
are using the Microsoft Network client version 3 for MS-DOS.

Is there an equivilant property in the tcp/ip ini files to increase FILE HANDLES
as there was under Novell/ipx in the NET.CFG file?

Mark

1. Increasing file handles

I'm attempting to run an old program (Maximizer) on my
laptop which runs Windows2000 as its OS.  When I open
Maximizer I get an error message which says I have an
insufficient number of file handles specified and need to
change the number to at least 99.  It refers to doing this
in the "config.sys", but I guess that no longer is a valid
approach in Windows2000.  I remember asking a while back
about how to do this in WindowsXP (the OS on my desktop
computer) and I got a reply with an approach that worked
just fine. Now I need to know how to increase the number
of file handles in Windows2000.  Can anyone help?  Thanks
in advance.

2. FS/T: Oberheim MIDI DMX w/Xtra Voice Cards!

3. QUick Reply Needed: How Do I Increase File Handles?

4. IDA, Bind and UUCP problems

5. size of files increases, increases...

6. DCSB: The FSTC Electronic Check Project

7. Rapid increase in handle count when deleting large directory using explorer

8. Bitmap Resolution

9. Sharp increase in number of handles used by windows explorer

10. DocumentProperties increases handle count

11. System handles increase!!!

12. system handles increase!!!

13. Win2K - Can't handle long file names!!