clustered node fail to boot up while another node is running Cluster

clustered node fail to boot up while another node is running Cluster

Post by Ben » Fri, 03 Aug 2001 15:20:28

I set up two computers for Clustering an application.
I install primary Active Direcotry on first node and
backup Active Directory on second node. These two nodes
are connected to an external SCSI harddisk. I don't have
external SCSI termninator, so I use ther internal
terminator in Host Adaptor (set termination to Automatic):

FirstNode ---- SCSI Harddisk --- SecondNode

I disable the "write cache" , "send start unit command"
and "reset SCSI bus" options of my two Adaptec 2950 UW
SCSI host adapter.

I have installed the Cluster successfully and the standby
server(say, server 1) will failover once the active server
(say, server 2)is down. However, server 2 will fail to
boot up. It will supspend just before the "Starting"
windows boot up screen is shown. And If I stop the cluster
service in server 1, server 2 will resume the booting
immediately.

Anybody can help me? what's wrong with my configurations ?
or I need to install external SCSI terminators ?

Thanks in advance

Ben

1. clustered node fail to boot up while another node is running Cluster Service

[...]

2. On HDLC flag sequence

3. Cluster (MSCS) - Node failing to join cluster

4. VC++1.0 Defaults for AppWizard?

5. Cluster services on secobdry node of my cluster service has stopped

6. Immediate requirement for Oracle SOA Lead---IL

7. Cluster Error On Node 2 - Cluster Error.PNG [0/5]

8. How could I configure a cisco to filter the output packets??

9. 2-node cluster - install SQL SP3 - failover fails

10. system attendant failed to start after restarting both nodes of a cluster

11. Pingable failed cluster node...no failover

12. DCOM error, cluster node failed

13. Starting Cluster Node failed