more help PLEASE...

Post by Call Me Bon » Thu, 22 Nov 2001 22:38:43

Thanks for your welcome and support, its good to know there is help out
there.  In answer to your question I have 6 remote machines each of which
already has the router x.x.30.250 set as default gateway.  I have to admit I
am unsure how to implement the fix you suggest any chance you could explain
it further.  As a further point no machine on the remote site can access the
Unix
box either despite the fact that the router is plugged through a switch and
therefore
should not need to authenticate to the SBS2K server to gain a connection.

Thanks again.

Robert
Coventry, UK

> Welcome to the asylum!
> How many remote hosts are we talking about on x.x.30.x? You could set up
> routes on the workstations, pointing to the router (assuming it's not
> the default gateway), but what I would do is to add entries to /hosts
> and /lmhosts that point them in the correct direction.

> By the way, there are no stupid questions or problems ...

> Hope this helps!
> Greg

> > Apologise in advance if this is a stupid problem but I am relatively new
> > Systems Admin and particularly MS SBS2K.  I have recently set up a ppp
> > leased line from HO to one of our remote sites.  The internal network
runs
> > on x.x.10.x and the remote site runs on x.x.30.x with the routers on
> > x.x.x.250 (all on 255.255.255.0)  I have established the link ok and can
> > ping machines (including the SBS server) in both directions.  However,
> > despite being able to "find" and attach to a machine in the remote
x.x.30.x
> > site via My Network Neighbourhood on the server the remote machines are
not
> > able to find a domain server to log on to.  All machines have static ip
> > addresses as we also have a Unix box on the local network  The remote
site
> > has no server with the machines connected to the router via a switch and
the
> > router here also goes through a switch as I was unable to form a link by
> > plugging the router into a dedicated nic on our SBS2K server.  Is this
an
> > ISA config problem?  I am really at a loss and would appreciate any help
or
> > suggestions.

1. Help me please, I can not sleep, Please, please, please

Hello All,
I am facing a big problem, I recently bought an used
Compaq computer(Pentium iii) with the Windows 2000
Professional.  I don't have the log in password for the
window, the guy is gone with money,  and I am left with an
useless computer.

I even tried resetting CMOS, did not help.
I even tried removing the intarnal battery,  did not help.

I have already checked so many postings on this site, none
of them is helping me anything. I even downloaded the
bootable file from
http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html. It
came in a Zip file, so I downloaded in my other computer,
and when I tried to extract it to a 1.44MB diskette, this
stupid thing won't fit. I even tried compressing my
disekette, now it has 2.0 +MB, and it still won't fit. It
gives me an error of disk full.

Then I tried the other site,
http://www.nmrc.org/files/snt/index.html#password and
downloaded the bootdisk.bin  file. Thank god this one fit
in my 1.44 MB floppy, but when I tried to boot it in my
new computer, it does not work, gives me non system disk
error. Now what? I tried changing the name of this file
with the extension of .exe........but no luck. Still won't
work.

Now my request to this community is, please I wanna hear
from someone who had "LOST Password" problem, and got it
resolved later on.

How did you resolve your problem?
Please answere me only if you know the problem and know
the answer.

Because I am sure, your detail help will help, not only me
but thousand of others who are staring at theit compute
helplessly, like a little kid who is staring at a candy in
a glass case.

If a Computer Science Graduate like me having this kind of
problem, I don't know what to imagine for those who knows
nothin about computer.
Help me please, I can neither sleep nor eat.

2. Amiga Networks

3. Please please please help - re workgroup name

4. FS: Vintage Computers

5. Please please please help re workgroup

6. FS: Accelerators & Hardware

7. DSL PRICNG (Mindspring/Earthlink)

8. LOTS OF PROBLEMS - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP

9. Please please please help re workgroup

10. Please, please, please help me get Win2kPro installed...

11. lost jpeg file types - please please please help !!!

12. HELP HELP HELP...please.....