Red Alert Virus

Post by Dave Brennema » Wed, 01 Aug 2001 23:37:13

While down loading the patch for the worm virus, I got an
error message "cannot download the "filename" because your
internet connection was reset.

I still got the file OUTLIMEP.EXE transferred to my
DOWNLOAD folder but the size was 481KB while the download
website (Microsoft) said the size was 241KB.

I installed the patch anyway and it seemed to install OK,
but I,m still a little unsure if I am protected.

Can anyone verify that I am safe?

Thanks
Dave

Red Alert Virus

Post by Paul » Thu, 02 Aug 2001 02:57:03

Q300972_W2K_SP3_x86_en.exe is update for w2k

not outlimep.exe

Quote:> While down loading the patch for the worm virus, I got an
> error message "cannot download the "filename" because your
> internet connection was reset.

> I still got the file OUTLIMEP.EXE transferred to my
> DOWNLOAD folder but the size was 481KB while the download
> website (Microsoft) said the size was 241KB.

> I installed the patch anyway and it seemed to install OK,
> but I,m still a little unsure if I am protected.

> Can anyone verify that I am safe?

> Thanks
> Dave

Red Alert Virus

Post by Paul » Thu, 02 Aug 2001 03:12:21

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/it...
ns/security/topics/codealrt.asp