Change default path of Save As from My Document to Mapped Home Directory

Change default path of Save As from My Document to Mapped Home Directory

Post by leon » Thu, 24 Apr 2003 19:15:20

Our company is using terminal services.
So, After a user logon , open wordpad on Terminal Server
and then want to save it, when click on File-->Save as,
default path of Save My Document appeared.

Since i don't want users be able to save anything into
this terminal server, and i prefer to save it into user's
mapped Z: Home Directory which located on other Win 2K
server. So, how to change the dehault save as path
pointing to mapped Z:.

It is very inportant so that users won't save their docs
into wrong location.

1. Changing Default Program Install Directory \ Mapping a Directory under "Desktop"

Is it possible to change the default installation directory for Windows 2000
Pro?  Right now it, of course, "c:\program files" and I'd like it to just
simply be the root of the D drive (where I keep all my applications).

I have my system setup like this:

c:\    system
d:\    applications
e:\    games
f:\    shared network space
g:\    dvd drive

So I'd really like installations to default to d:\ instead of "program
files"

Also-
Another convenience thing.  On the directory tree under "Desktop" there's
the drives, "My Documents", "My Network Places" and all that.  Is there a
way I can map a directory to that tree?  The reason I ask is that I
frequently use Microsoft Visual Studio 97 and it's default saving position
is "d:\devstudio\my projects".  I'd like to be able to put "My Projects" on
the tree under "My Documents".  I have reasons for not just moving the
directory to the root of D: so this is probably the next best thing.  I've
seen a program that'll map that directory to a drive letter, but it don't do
it on startup, so no go there...

Thanks alot.  I'm full of questions tonight.

Michael Kennedy

2. asymmetric line symbols in AV3.1

3. Changing default path to 'My Documents'

4. PD Util for faster refresh rate

5. changing default path to save in IE6

6. Changing a directory's capitalisation

7. Changing TS Home Directory path for many users

8. Apple IIc Beam Direction

9. How to change the directory path for documents and settings/profile data for (all) users ???

10. How to make home directory default folder to save files on network

11. "My Documents" Path, how to lock the "change path option"

12. Changing location of documents and settings directory; use of home folder

13. ---Changing "MY Documents" default to another Directory