Address toolbar will not open address and Outlook does not open urls in e-mail

Address toolbar will not open address and Outlook does not open urls in e-mail

Post by Kayo » Mon, 19 Mar 2001 09:47:11

I have run into this problem where I enter a url into the address toolbar
and when I hit return, nothing will occur. Does anyone have a solution? I am
run Windows 2000 Pro with I.E. 5.5 and Service Pack 1 for Win2k.

I also have the problem in Outlook 2000 where the URL links no longer work.
If I try to click the url, the cursor is moved to the middle of the link but
not page is opened. Anyone have a clue how to fix?

Thanks,
Kayo Granillo

Address toolbar will not open address and Outlook does not open urls in e-mail

Post by Sandi Hardmeier MV » Mon, 19 Mar 2001 19:21:09

Kayo,

First, try setting IE5 as your default browser. Go to IE tools/internet options/programs and turn on the check box for IE to check if it is the default browser. Shut down and restart IE. When it asks to be default browser, say yes.

If still no joy, go to my computer, view/folder options/file types.

Scroll down to the  URL:Hypertext Transfer Protocols, click edit twice and make sure the following is in the application used to perform action box:

"C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\iexplore.exe" -nohome

The same applies for URL:Gopher

DDE should be set to:  "%1",,-1,0,,,,
Application should say:  IExplore
DDE application not running should be blank
Topic should be:    WWW_OpenURL

--

Please do not send an email unless asked to do so.
Sandi ...

> I have run into this problem where I enter a url into the address toolbar
> and when I hit return, nothing will occur. Does anyone have a solution? I am
> run Windows 2000 Pro with I.E. 5.5 and Service Pack 1 for Win2k.

> I also have the problem in Outlook 2000 where the URL links no longer work.
> If I try to click the url, the cursor is moved to the middle of the link but
> not page is opened. Anyone have a clue how to fix?

> Thanks,
> Kayo Granillo

1. Can not open URL link from Outlook Express

I recently installed Win2000 (dual-boot with Win98) and it
comes with IE 5.01 (I believe). I already installed all the
service patches.

The problem is that, while on Outlook Express, if I click on a
URL link, IE opens but fails to display the webpage. I other
words, can not open the link. I figure the problem is either
with Outlook Express or with IE becasue Netscape links work
fine.

Any help is greatly appreciated

--
Hector Rivera

2. process and memory management

3. (PC) URL links in Outlook Express email goes into my Netscape browser to open

4. 2D Finite Difference Grids?

5. Address Toolbar dosen't save URL's

6. Change title (not name) of .doc files?

7. can ping ip address' but not URL's

8. Deleting addresses on the OE Address Toolbar on Win98 Desktop Taskbar

9. Ping sometimes returns RRAS address not NIC address of remote vpn machines

10. Can not type an address into the internet explorer address bar

11. Can not ping own ip address or the loop back address

12. Desktop shortcuts for URL pages will not open browser