My Printer always print a page with codes on it before the actual print-job...

My Printer always print a page with codes on it before the actual print-job...

Post by Dag Sund » Thu, 26 Oct 2000 04:00:00

I have an Brother HL-4v connected to LPT1.

For every Print-job I send to the printer, it starts with
printing the following on the top of an otherwise blank page:

This is a command buildt in to the brother printer, to
turn off "Resolution Enhancement Technology", but why isn't
the printer accepting it, instead of printing it?

AnyOne?

TIA...

Dag Sunde

My Printer always print a page with codes on it before the actual print-job...

Post by John » Wed, 01 Nov 2000 21:46:40

I have exactly the same problem on a Brother HL-4ve, and unfortunately I
still have not found the answer either. Can anyone else help?

John

> I have an Brother HL-4v connected to LPT1.

> For every Print-job I send to the printer, it starts with
> printing the following on the top of an otherwise blank page:

> This is a command buildt in to the brother printer, to
> turn off "Resolution Enhancement Technology", but why isn't
> the printer accepting it, instead of printing it?

> AnyOne?

> TIA...

> Dag Sunde

1. One Print Job - Pauses between EACH page of the print job

I have a unique issue printing from an IE online application.

Printing to ONLY certain printers, the printer receives the job, but the
printer PAUSES between each page of the job.  It pauses like it would
normally pause between print jobs.  It takes a very long time to print large
documents.

We have to Laserjet 4 printers, each with 2M of memory.  Both are setup on a
Win2k server

One has this problem, the other does not?

Thsi is true throughout our entire network with different printers having
the same issue?

We have tried updating drivers, flashing Jetdirect cards, adding more memory
to the slow printers.  Nothing works

Any ideas?

2. xemacs

3. 722C Printer loses all print jobs after the first job prints!

4. Dying Drive or dying machine?

5. Print job that printed to nearly every printer on multiple print servers

6. NT backup in win2000

7. Prints a few pages, printer waits few seconds, then prints few more pages, waits

8. Message Boxes

9. Print Job Timeout Splitting print job.

10. LPR Print appliance and job hang while page is printed??

11. With W2K, printing a test page *always* prints to tray 3?!!

12. anyway to combine to create a single print job for multiple print jobs?

13. Print job converts to multiple print jobs