IME for Windows2000

Post by James He » Tue, 20 Mar 2001 15:46:31

I am not able to find the installtion for IME so that I can type Chinese
Character onto my WORDS.

From Control Panel I am only able to get WORDS to reach other language but not
input.

From Microsoft site, the IME is only for WIN95,98,ME and NT4 only.

Anybody can help?

IME for Windows2000

Post by Bryc » Tue, 20 Mar 2001 17:24:11

    Global IMEs are not needed (nor supported) in the Win2000 world - What
you need to do is go to the Regional Options applet in the Control Panel,
add system support for the needed locales in the "General" tab of the
dialog, reboot, and then go back to the Regional Options applet in the
Control Panel and add the appropriate keyboard layouts (Chinese IMEs in your
case) in the "Input Locales" tab of the Regional Options dialog.  If you've
done this correctly, you should have a system-level IME available to your
applications.

-Bryce

I am not able to find the installtion for IME so that I can type Chinese
Character onto my WORDS.

From Control Panel I am only able to get WORDS to reach other language but
not
input.