Add/Remove programs not working

Post by Pooterbo » Thu, 14 Feb 2002 21:36:28

Apologies if this is not a strictly networking question (but I get the best
response from here).

I have a Windows 2000 Server running AD, it is only in testing at the moment
(as we're going to be migrating from Netware 4.11 to Windows 2k, but that's
another story). For some bizarre reason the Add/Remove programs applet no
longer works. I have tried re-registering it using regsvr32 appwiz.cpl etc
which says it's okay, but still nothing. Everytime I try and launch the
applet mshta.exe pops up in the task manager, but nothing seems to happen.

I have even done sfc /scannow after a reboot and still nothing.

The only thing I have done out of the ordinary is to try and install MS
Proxy 2.0 using the Windows2000 Proxy 2.0 update installer (as per the MS
instructions, but as I didn't have IIS installed it didn't run - don't ask,
I forgot I removed IIS!!).

Any ideas?

PS. Does anyone know somewhere I can get hold of the Services for Netware
5.0 eval (download?). As I am a UK citizen I can only buy the full product,
which is a tad overkill as I only want to migrate my NDS tree over to AD.

1. Add/Remove Programs not working

Hi,

I recently set up a Windows 2000 AS Machine.  It seems that Add/Remove
Programs does not work.  When I click on Add/Remove Programs, I get an
hourglass pointer, then it disappears and nothing happens.  I have tried
copying a working copy of the Add/Remove Programs applet from another AS
machine to the "bad" one, but that didn't work?  Does anyone have any ideas
as to how to fix this?

Max DiOrio

2. Help with Firmware and ECDC 3 Final

3. ZIP format: influence to text/binary field?

4. add/remove programs not working

5. iSeries Access for Web

6. Shared Canon BJC-3000 crashes spooler service

7. Add/Remove Programs Not Working

8. Add/remove programs not working

9. Add/remove program not working

10. Add/Remove Programs not working