HardDrive Mirroring

Post by DLin » Thu, 28 Sep 2000 04:00:00

I am considering using Windows 2k Server instead of NT 4.0 on my next Domain
Server. Does it have good HD mirroring capabilities or should I use a RAID cntrl.

HardDrive Mirroring

Post by Amiri Jone » Fri, 29 Sep 2000 04:00:00

I am considering using Windows 2k Server instead of NT 4.0 on my next Domain
Server. Does it have good HD mirroring capabilities or should I use a RAID
cntrl.
    Yes, it supports drive mirroring, just as it did in NT 4.  However, I
recommend using a hardware controller anyway, just to relieve the CPU of
that processing load.

HardDrive Mirroring

Post by John Curr » Mon, 15 Jan 2001 11:03:25

I am trying to setup a mirror of two identical SCSI drives. When I go to create
the volume, Mirror and Raid are not even listed in the dialog box. Is this for
server only? Or only for IDE? Do the drives have to meet some requirements?

Thanks

> I am considering using Windows 2k Server instead of NT 4.0 on my next Domain
> Server. Does it have good HD mirroring capabilities or should I use a RAID
> cntrl.
>     Yes, it supports drive mirroring, just as it did in NT 4.  However, I
> recommend using a hardware controller anyway, just to relieve the CPU of
> that processing load.

1. Mirror then a re-format, now no mirror, missing data.

Hello, first I would like to say thank you for taking the time.

    I recently acquired 2000 adv. server (beta) and installed the mirror
array feature. It worked perfectly no problems.  Drives are identical Maxtor
30gb. About a week after having 2000, I came to the conclusion it is a must
have. So, I got it (2000 adv. server retail).

 I looked at the Microsoft KB about Mirror stuff, and it said nothing about
reformatting, or anything. So I backed up the most critical data, but left
about 25gb on the drive's. After installing advanced server (about 4 -5
hours later) I started disk management tool, and noticed the mirror is not
intact, but it does say the drives are dynamic. It has a red X over them,
and say they are Unreadable.

 When I "right click" on either of them, the only option I get is: "revert
to basic disk", "properties", and "help". The help says I should have more
options when I right click. <- great help.

 If I say "revert to basic", it says all data will be lost... NOOOO!!! and
properties says nothing to relevant, just that the disk is unreadable. BUT,
these drives worked great not more than 6 hours ago.

    Anyway, any help would be so appreciated,

Thank you in advance,

Trey

2. Tierra for Windows compile

3. software mirror vs hardware mirror

4. hide the bar from the images

5. Mirror Mirror on the PC

6. Urgent required Sr SAP BASIS ADMIN - Manhattan , NY

7. Mirror then a re-format, now no mirror, missing data

8. Joystick ports

9. Mirror then a re-format, now no mirror, missing data.

10. Removing Mirrored Dynamic Disk after Breaking Mirror.

11. Mirrors/Breaking Mirrors

12. mirror mirror.. not on my drive

13. Mirror Mirror on the Wall...