APC UPS can not detect COM1

Post by Xirco » Fri, 07 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I have an APC 1400 UPS that I'm using for a Compaq Proliant ML530.  When I
run Powershute 5.2, I gets to the point that tries to detect a UPS on COM1
and stays there forever.  COM1 looks fine in Device Manager. Same Scenerio
with COM2. Any Idea?
Thanx

APC UPS can not detect COM1

Post by John McCo » Fri, 07 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Try changing a com port setting to 2400 flow control none. Are the ports
seen in Win2K?

--
John McCoy

ClubWin

Quote:> I have an APC 1400 UPS that I'm using for a Compaq Proliant ML530.  When I
> run Powershute 5.2, I gets to the point that tries to detect a UPS on COM1
> and stays there forever.  COM1 looks fine in Device Manager. Same Scenerio
> with COM2. Any Idea?
> Thanx

APC UPS can not detect COM1

Post by Xirco » Fri, 07 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Yes, I can see the both ports in device manager and they look allright

> Try changing a com port setting to 2400 flow control none. Are the ports
> seen in Win2K?

> --
> John McCoy

> ClubWin

> > I have an APC 1400 UPS that I'm using for a Compaq Proliant ML530.  When
> > run Powershute 5.2, I gets to the point that tries to detect a UPS on
COM1
> > and stays there forever.  COM1 looks fine in Device Manager. Same
Scenerio
> > with COM2. Any Idea?
> > Thanx

APC UPS can not detect COM1

Post by Pac » Sat, 08 Apr 2000 04:00:00

other option is that windows UPS service has grabbed the port so when
powerchute tries to find it it's already taken..

--
Pac
Remove the 'dot' between op and tusnet to reply by mail.