Deleteing Registry key creates \Registry Backup

Deleteing Registry key creates \Registry Backup

Post by Dewey Landru » Wed, 27 Sep 2000 04:00:00

I need to delete a registry and sub-tree.  When I delete the sub-tree, it is
replaced with '\Registry Backup'.  I can not delete any subtree branches above
this.  I have deleted sub-trees before in W2K, but this has never happened.  This
is a new install of W2K with SP1.  The registry security settings are the default
settings.  This operation is performed from an administrator log in.  Any ideas
on how to get rid of this problem?
Regards,  Dewey Landrum