PDC Emulator

Post by bob burto » Sun, 28 Jan 2001 07:57:07

If you have a resource domain which is a nt 4.0 domain where your computer live
and a master domain that is w2k where the users live - when the user login - does
the PDC Emulator need to authenticate the user.
.

1. PDC Emulator vs NT PDC

I'm upgrading from NT to 2k. I'm installing a NT 4.0 as
BDC on a new server to join the NT domain. Once the sam
is synchronized, i will remove this BDC and connect it to
an isolated network. Later I will promote this BDC to PDC
while isolated and uprgrade to WIN2k. After doing a
battery of tests with clients and DCs. I want to put the
PDC Emulator online in production. Is it possible to have
the PDC Emulator with the old PDC NT online and demote
the NT PDC to BDC?

Thank You

Eddy

2. Unread messages not being updated.

3. Can PDC Emulator take place of a PDC when migrating from NT?

4. E-mail migration experience

5. Master DC stolen - Can't seize PDC Emulator from backup DC w/Global catalog

6. Peer to Peer Networking Problem

7. Forcing authentication with the PDC Emulator

8. ipfilterd - will it do NAT?

9. PDC Emulator

10. ports to open between NT clients and 2000 PDC emulator to join domain and change password

11. Win98 cant login to AD domain from different site as PDC emulator is located

12. NT client authentication against PDC emulator in AD domain

13. sntp service on PDC emulator