Force maximum password age on only some users???

Force maximum password age on only some users???

Post by dlra » Fri, 28 Jun 2002 22:32:57

How do I force the maximum password age on only some
users, or on only 1 group of users.
I have some accounts that I don't want to change the
password for.

Force maximum password age on only some users???

Post by Tony Murra » Fri, 28 Jun 2002 22:55:56

Why don't you just set the "Password never expires" flag
for these users?

The maximum password age setting cannot be changed for
specific users because it is a domain wide setting in the
Default Domain Policy.

If you don't want to use "Password never expires" your
only option is to move these users to a different domain
with a different policy.

Tony
www.activedir.org

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>How do I force the maximum password age on only some
>users, or on only 1 group of users.
>I have some accounts that I don't want to change the
>password for.
>.

Force maximum password age on only some users???

Post by stephen collop » Sat, 29 Jun 2002 00:27:47

Password policy can only be set on the default domain
controllers policy. However if you have a limited number
of accounts which you don't want the password to expire
just going into each account tab property and change the
account setting for the password not to expire.

Stephen

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>How do I force the maximum password age on only some
>users, or on only 1 group of users.
>I have some accounts that I don't want to change the
>password for.
>.

1. Maximum Password age blowing up

We just set the "Maximum Password Age" setting to 90 days in our "Default
Domain Policy". It used to be "Not Defined". Now everyone is being prompted
to change thier password.The problem is that when they attempt to change the
pasword and click OK, they get an error message that thier account is locked
out?? I then have to go and unlck it and manually put in thier password???
The Minimum Password Age is 0 days. Enforce password history is "Not
Defined", Pasword Complexity is "Not Defined, Account lockout Threshold is
"10 invalid attempts" For some reason the account is getting locked out as
soon as they are prompted to change thier password, but because its locked
out, they can't change them. HELP

2. Batch file for email backup?

3. Maximum Password Age

4. histograms by grouping variable

5. confusion over maximum password age....

6. Colour box

7. Maximum Password Age

8. Upside element-how to correct?

9. 2000 Pro user passwords age

10. Force all Passwords to expire June 10, force them to change within ten logins

11. Forcing users to change password...

12. Forcing multiple users' to change their passwords at the next logon