Task Scheduler does not start scheduled tasks!

Task Scheduler does not start scheduled tasks!

Post by Marcel Goo » Thu, 21 Sep 2000 04:00:00

I have this weird behavior of Task Scheduler on our W2k Application Server.
The server is a Dell PowerEdge 2400 2 CPUs. After a fresh reboot, the Task
Scheduler executes scheduled tasks, that are scheduled to run once every
day. The next day or one of the following days, it just ignores the
scheduled tasks and reschedules them for the following day. The status of
the tasks after that is missed. Interestingly enough, there's no entry in
the Event Viewer nor in the Task Scheduler log. After restarting the Task
Scheduler service, the same behavior repeats itself. I'm using Windows 2000
Advanced Server SP1. The server is running our internal application, which
is a COM+ application and handles part of our Intranet, so it's running IIS
and Crystal Report (not the crystal report web server, just the components.
Using ASP to generate reports)

This is not the only machine with this behavior. My Windows 2000
Professional SP1 Workstation shows the same exact problem. It's a Dell
OptiPlex.

Has anybody experienced the same problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Marcel

Task Scheduler does not start scheduled tasks!

Post by Marcel Goo » Fri, 06 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Seems that nobody has encountered this problem. I may have a lead on this,
though. Seems that the Windows Critical Update Notification had something to
do with it. I've uninstalled the sucker and so far it looks better. Just in
case somebody is interested!

Marcel

Quote:> I have this weird behavior of Task Scheduler on our W2k Application
Server.
> The server is a Dell PowerEdge 2400 2 CPUs. After a fresh reboot, the Task
> Scheduler executes scheduled tasks, that are scheduled to run once every
> day. The next day or one of the following days, it just ignores the
> scheduled tasks and reschedules them for the following day. The status of
> the tasks after that is missed. Interestingly enough, there's no entry in
> the Event Viewer nor in the Task Scheduler log. After restarting the Task
> Scheduler service, the same behavior repeats itself. I'm using Windows
2000
> Advanced Server SP1. The server is running our internal application, which
> is a COM+ application and handles part of our Intranet, so it's running
IIS
> and Crystal Report (not the crystal report web server, just the
components.
> Using ASP to generate reports)

> This is not the only machine with this behavior. My Windows 2000
> Professional SP1 Workstation shows the same exact problem. It's a Dell
> OptiPlex.

> Has anybody experienced the same problem? Any help would be appreciated.

> Thanks,
> Marcel

Task Scheduler does not start scheduled tasks!

Post by Eric Lun » Mon, 01 Jan 2001 12:30:19

Hey,

Thanks for the tip!  That worked for me too!  Same exact problem,
uninstalled the Windows Update and my tasks started running again!

Good call,

Eric

> Seems that nobody has encountered this problem. I may have a lead on this,
> though. Seems that the Windows Critical Update Notification had something
> do with it. I've uninstalled the sucker and so far it looks better. Just
in
> case somebody is interested!

> Marcel

> > I have this weird behavior of Task Scheduler on our W2k Application
> Server.
> > The server is a Dell PowerEdge 2400 2 CPUs. After a fresh reboot, the
Task
> > Scheduler executes scheduled tasks, that are scheduled to run once every
> > day. The next day or one of the following days, it just ignores the
> > scheduled tasks and reschedules them for the following day. The status
of
> > the tasks after that is missed. Interestingly enough, there's no entry
in
> > the Event Viewer nor in the Task Scheduler log. After restarting the
Task
> > Scheduler service, the same behavior repeats itself. I'm using Windows
> 2000
> > Advanced Server SP1. The server is running our internal application,
which
> > is a COM+ application and handles part of our Intranet, so it's running
> IIS
> > and Crystal Report (not the crystal report web server, just the
> components.
> > Using ASP to generate reports)

> > This is not the only machine with this behavior. My Windows 2000
> > Professional SP1 Workstation shows the same exact problem. It's a Dell
> > OptiPlex.

> > Has anybody experienced the same problem? Any help would be appreciated.

> > Thanks,
> > Marcel

1. Task Scheduler : Task could not start

Strange problem with Windows 2000.  Schedule a task to backup the server.
Task does not start.  Re-entry the password and schedule to the task to
start in two minutes: works everytime.

I'm getting a logon account type failure in the SchedLgU.txt file.  Does
anyone have any ideas?

2. api mfc ?

3. Scheduling Task Scheduler Tasks entirely from command line including "Run As" account?

4. adm2 terminal emulation

5. Task scheduler: cannot schedule tasks as other user

6. Lost my sync software

7. Windows Task Scheduler: Copying scheduled tasks

8. Task Scheduler doesn't start task

9. scheduling dos batch files in the task scheduler

10. windows 2000 task scheduler not running tasks!

11. Task Scheduler not running tasks

12. Task Scheduler Not Running Tasks