Win2k acting weird

Post by Ario Garri » Wed, 19 Apr 2000 04:00:00

After a while , win2k stops installing hardware correctly.
If I uninstall a driver and reinstall the same, I get the following error.

"An error occured during the installation of the device
The system cannot find the file specified"

WHICH FILE ????

No matter what driver I throw at it, it refuses it.

Last time it happend (it was a "inf does not match class error) I had to
reinstall the whole thing (Win2k Pro)

I can't update the registry with a backup key :

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\DISPLAY]
per exemple. I get an error if I try.

Corrupt file, corrupt registry ?
Any clues on what to do ?

Win2k acting weird

Post by The Everette » Wed, 19 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Didn't you know that Norton is a four letter word?

Quote:> I've traced the problem....NORTON ANTIVIRUS
> That program is a virus....

Win2k acting weird

Post by Ario Garri » Thu, 20 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I've traced the problem....NORTON ANTIVIRUS
That program is a virus....

Win2k acting weird

Post by Ario Garri » Thu, 20 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I used DrSolomon a long time ago, but when Win2k arrived there wasn't many
Antiviruses around.
Reporters gave Nav good reviews, so I thought it had made a great come back.

I can't believe it trashes the system so much.....

The problem is there aren't any real alternatives...

What do you use ?
AVP is unstable
Sophos needs manual updating
Viruscan 4.5 ? the 5 was released for 9x
what else ?

Win2k acting weird

Post by Michael Mayso » Thu, 20 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I am using AVP 3.0.132.2 with no problems - what is unstable?

Quote:> I used DrSolomon a long time ago, but when Win2k arrived there wasn't many
> Antiviruses around.
> Reporters gave Nav good reviews, so I thought it had made a great come
back.

> I can't believe it trashes the system so much.....

> The problem is there aren't any real alternatives...

> What do you use ?
> AVP is unstable
> Sophos needs manual updating
> Viruscan 4.5 ? the 5 was released for 9x
> what else ?

Win2k acting weird

Post by Ario Garri » Thu, 20 Apr 2000 04:00:00

First, I cannot install avp as a service or win2k takes forever to load (it
scans every files very slowly).
Second I've seen the avp monitor crash or hang many times....

Win2k acting weird

Post by Mark Veldhui » Thu, 20 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

Quote:> What do you use ?
> AVP is unstable
> Sophos needs manual updating
> Viruscan 4.5 ? the 5 was released for 9x
> what else ?

Try the free InoculateIT Personal Edition: antivirus.cai.com . Works great
here (Windows 2000 Pro, final).
--

Regards,

Mark Veldhuis
http://www.mark-veldhuis.demon.nl

Win2k acting weird

Post by Ario Garri » Thu, 20 Apr 2000 04:00:00

THANKS ! =)
I will try that b4 reformating...again...

> Hi,

> > What do you use ?
> > AVP is unstable
> > Sophos needs manual updating
> > Viruscan 4.5 ? the 5 was released for 9x
> > what else ?

> Try the free InoculateIT Personal Edition: antivirus.cai.com . Works great
> here (Windows 2000 Pro, final).
> --

> Regards,

> Mark Veldhuis
> http://www.mark-veldhuis.demon.nl

Win2k acting weird

Post by Austin Arrowsmit » Wed, 26 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hi Ario,

    What problems did you find with NAV? I hope you weren't running the version
for '9x under 2K - that'll cause problems! I'm currently running NAV2K and
haven't found any problems of late, and have used NAV for going on 4 years now!
I'd like to know what it is that caused you grief, so I can avoid  it too!

    As for alternatives, you could try McAfee. I don't know how they compare to
NAV for completeness of virii detection, or frequency of updates, but that's one
that springs to mind...

Austin.

--
"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

1. group policy acting weird

I have applied a global group policy for all my terminal services clients.
Everytime they log in, they should have limited access.
Sometimes when they log in, they see the full admin screen with full admin
rights.
It's on and off  - sometimes they get in with admin rights and the other
times they get in
with what was limited in group policy.

Please help?
Thank you very much if someone could help.

2. Bad sectors

3. Windows acting weird after processor installation

4. Inbound mail not relaying in Exchange

5. Windows 2K acting weird on me..

6. LA509 handshaking

7. Program Files folder acting weird

8. mysql query urgent!!!

9. Weird acting Personalized Start Menu

10. Drag 'n drop acting really weird - re moving files.

11. Modem acts weird

12. group policy acting weird

13. help plz.....keyboard acting weird with windows