Copy entire hard drive onto bigger hard drive

Copy entire hard drive onto bigger hard drive

Post by Fred Grave » Sun, 10 Nov 2002 11:03:54

I am trying to replace a small hard drive with a bigger
one, so I am trying to copy everything to the new hard
drive. What do I need to do to accomplish this? Every time
I try it I am getting sharing violation notices and
numerous other problems.  I have even tried good old tried
and true xcopy but I am not haveing any success.  Any
suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Fred

Copy entire hard drive onto bigger hard drive

Post by Rudy Jone » Sun, 10 Nov 2002 15:43:55

Fred

Try xcopy32 with these switches - xcopy32 C:\*.* /e/h/k/r D:\ /s/e/v

Rudy

Quote:> I am trying to replace a small hard drive with a bigger

Post by brendo » Wed, 13 Nov 2002 01:32:13

> [...]

  Get a copy of Norton Ghost, and do it that way, it is
quick and easy, and it works every time.

Brendon