Expanding a Cluster Shared Volume

Post by Steve Fenwic » Fri, 25 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hi!
Has anyone tried expanding a volume on a SAN RAID array?
Windows NT cluster didnt support volume expansion because it records
the configuration in the registry. DOES WINDOWS 2000 SUPPORT EXPANSION
OF BASIC VOLUMES IN A CLUSTER ???????
(ps. it doesnt support dynamic disks !!!)

Expanding a Cluster Shared Volume

Post by Rick Kingsla » Sat, 26 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hi Steve!

Interesting question, and one that I haven't looked into very deeply.  The
greater problem is that some SAN arrays don't allow this - currently.  A
good example might be the Compaq MA 6000 and MA 8000.  They cannot be
expanded - again, currently.

My .02

--
Rick Kingslan  MCSE+I, MCP+I, CNE