How to start/stop a Windows service remotely from CMD-line?

How to start/stop a Windows service remotely from CMD-line?

Post by Robi » Sun, 15 Apr 2001 02:09:35

Hi, there,

Anybody can give me a hint?

Thanks,
-Y. W.

How to start/stop a Windows service remotely from CMD-line?

Post by Marty Lis » Sun, 15 Apr 2001 02:20:06

From the resource kit:
SERVICE.VBS
SC.EXE
NTSVC.EXE (much slower than sc.exe)

Quote:> Hi, there,

> Anybody can give me a hint?

> Thanks,
> -Y. W.

How to start/stop a Windows service remotely from CMD-line?

Post by Joe Richard » Mon, 16 Apr 2001 02:52:52

Or for free check out

http://home.earthlink.net/~jricha34/win32/

and go to link svcutil. I wrote it as a cross between SC and SCLIST. Also it
has a handy option of listing off service run contexts which is something
that I was always doing on our servers to verify people weren't changing the
service contexts.

  joe

> From the resource kit:
> SERVICE.VBS
> SC.EXE
> NTSVC.EXE (much slower than sc.exe)

> > Hi, there,

> > Anybody can give me a hint?

> > Thanks,
> > -Y. W.

1. W2KTS - cmd line start/stop service?

Can Windows 2000 terminal service be stopped/started via
the command line.  I can seem to find a net command.  I
would like to create an "desktop icon" so the operator
can enable terminal services only when needed.  (We use
SBS and our computer support firm uses TS from the
Internet for support actions)

TIA for pointing me in the right direction.

Bob Confino

<Please post to the group so all may benefit>

2. HOWTO: Add path information for shared modules that are not in SYSTEM32 ?

3. W2K-TS service stop/start cmd line?

4. MC683xx HDLC Driver in VxWorks

5. remotely start and stop service on windows 2000 server

6. Falcon Desktop pic.?

7. stop/start website via cmd line.

8. no superponer formas

9. Starting and stopping services remotely in Win2K from the CLI?

10. Is there any way in win2k to remotely start and stop services such as rkill.exe?

11. remotely starting and stopping services

12. Start end stop services remotely

13. Starting / Stopping service remotely